New D22 ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InUtero

Reaction score
I just picked up a white 2014 D22 ST-R last week with Nissan snorkel and bullbar. Have really enjoyed driving it so far and am getting plenty of complements!

Within the first day of picking it up I fitted some Ironman underbody protection. I have read a few posts related to this stuff and can understand some peoples frustration—not having a hole to drain the sump oil seems like a bit of a design cock-up. After a few hours of angle grinding, drilling and painting the beast is all ready to drive over some IEDs!

I decided to get a ute because I do a bit of mountain biking and camping so having ample space to stow gear will hopefully come in handy. My dad is also mad about touring and four wheel driving. He drives a Prado, but I haven't dis-owned him for that. I've done heaps of trips with him, one of my favourites was crossing the Simpson and coming home via the Coongie Lakes.

Having carried round a few bikes already the tub already has a few scratches in it. I'm wondering how precious to be about it and am thinking about getting some sort liner. I am also keen to get a canopy in the near future to keep my stuff safe and sound.

My most urgent task is to tee up a maiden voyage and get it dirty!

Welcome Aboard,

You have made a great choice, I did the same in 2010. They are a rugged no frills truck, tough as and reliable.

One Tip.. Ditch the original shock absorbers and Fit Bilsteins.. You're back will love you for it.

Lots of good info on this site..Enjoy.

Regards

Greg

Latest posts

Back