New d40 on the way

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chri5z

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this forum, have just purchased a new d40 st although yet to pick it up. I rekon they look fantastic and drive well on the test drive I went on, just wanted to hear your feedback on them.
Thanks

Had mine a week today , very happy so far ,besides being too low i've nothing to complain about and economical too

I've had my ST auto for a year now and love it. Just put a lift kit under it a couple of weeks ago and love how great it is offroad now!

Ive got a D40 St. its awesome, about 3 months old now and 4000kms. going sweet.

just be careful of going to extreme offroad, the front diff is known to be weak, some have problems and nissan will not cover it under warranty cause it was offroad, most never have an issue just beware :)

they wont cover shock loaded brakages how they can tell is beyond me thats what the forman at hobart nissan told me.

Had mine for about 13 months, 55,000k's, been great! It's been to the Cape and back towing a trailer, Fraser island and all over NSW with fairly heavy loads for work. Can't be happier.

What do you mean by easy? I did read the older modules people where replacing them early but would have thought that would have been fixed

Had my 2012 D40 since December last year. Goes great,very comfortable and enjoyable to drive. My only gripe: It has the worst turning circle in any vehicle I have ever driven!

Elmer , ditto to your comment , I would go as far as to say , they have the turning circle of a small aircraft carrier , when I first got mine I did a U turn on a double lane rd , my triton would have done it by using about half of the second lane , the D40 came within a fly fart of hitting a sign on the side of the far lane , I near left a load in my dax

What do you mean by easy? I did read the older modules people where replacing them early but would have thought that would have been fixed

The clutch is still far from perfect, they run a dual mass flywheel to absorb the vibrations you get in say the D22 which runs a solid flywheel but it lasts pretty much the life of the car. All I am saying is don't ride the clutch on boat ramps or whatever, put it in 4low drive in a straight line then back to 2hi when you are out.

The clutch is still far from perfect, they run a dual mass flywheel to absorb the vibrations you get in say the D22 which runs a solid flywheel but it lasts pretty much the life of the car. All I am saying is don't ride the clutch on boat ramps or whatever, put it in 4low drive in a straight line then back to 2hi when you are out.
x2 on that' It's as simple as turning the switch it could save your wallet and your clutch.

Latest posts

Back