New D40 Owner.. Sports Car to 4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabobank89

Reaction score
Hey everyone..

I'm from Perth and I just bought a 2010 Nissan Navara D40 V6 with very low k's.. =)

I usually jump on forums but never on a 4x4 one, usually on Evolution Oz or Aussie Elises...

I was initially looking at a brand new D22 at the $28k drive away mark but found a low kilometre D40 V6 Manual that was a few grand more, 2 years older but seemed a lot nicer (inside and outside) plus I like petrol engines.

I know there is a fair few mods on the diesal variants and have hardly found any performance gains on the V6 model, so I hope to learn abit about modifications and 4WDing in general here..

I went for a Navara mainly because I like Nissan and my 370z has been fantastic thus I like the brand. Plus the idea of 4wding and being able to chuck my MTB on the back seems very practical.. But in order to buy one my boss (wife) forced me to sell my 07 Lotus Elise (Partly because I used it for track days only)..

Anyway look forward to learning and general chatting here.. =)

My old toy..

30sdnhy.jpg

New toy...

sy4doi.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

The new toy will tow better, but the old one has a better bonnet for fu... oh wait, there's children nearby. We'll continue this story later.

Have fun!

Gady and Welcome to the forums, you will prob be able to find heaps of info on the USA Nissan FRONTIER forum because the yanks dont get the diesel model they will have heaps of tricks for the petrol version.
there is a member on here "AUSSIE FRONTIER" who will also know a bit more about performance mods having owned the v6 for a while and uses it as a safety car at race tracks.

Anyway enjoy the new ride.

Congratulations on the purchase, I've had mine for 6months and the modding keeps going. They can burn a hole in your pocket if you let it!

Welcome to the forum

Welcome .. good to see another V6 petrol we are few and far between. You will find the V6 pulls just as hard as the little diesel.

Thanks fellas for the warm welcome.. Certainly does seem the v6 petrols are uncommon..

I think I have already found a few additions/modifications that will likely burn a hole in my wallet. But after checking out prices for suspension, bars, tyres, access, ect... It seems a lot cheaper than modifying performance orientated cars such as GTR's, and Evo's..

Latest posts

Back