New D40 STX driver

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LthLDC

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd post and say hello. First time owning a dual cab ute and I must say I am enjoying it. Joined up to get some info on the car and learn a bit more about it.

I have a 2008 D40 Dual Cab Navara ST-X 2.5DT. I did a bit of research on the wheel/bonnet recall and the guy I bought it off said he had it checked but Im probably going to get it rechecked and take it for a service in the next month or so just to be on the safe side. The truck has a few small marks here and there but overall in good condition.

Its staying fairly stock I do have plans to get some General Grabber AT's and maybe a 2" Lift later on but for now Im just enjoying the new truck.

Any advice welcome, Never owned a diesel engine before.

Welcome to the forums.

There is plenty of advice on these forums about diesels and what to expect but if you can't find the information you need with either a search or and "advanced search" ask away and I'm sure someone will throw up and answer.

As for the recalls if they were done there should be a sticker on the door frame somewhere and I'm fairly sure there should also be a sticker in the book. But it does pay to get them checked out anyway.

Welcome to the forum!

Diesels are easy to manage. The most important things to remember are:

1) Do NOT lift the bowser handle if it says "unleaded".

2) Diesel engines don't rev like petrol engines.

3) When cruising, keep your rpm around 2,000 - that's the most efficient spot

4) If you've been driving hard (anything except gentle, actually) let your engine idle for about a minute before turning it off. Your turbocharger will appreciate it!

G, day mate,

Welcome aboard,fear no beer. If you attend any of the Navara outings or musters over the next few years, please remember, the only stick you should have in your hand is "Low range" .

PS, enjoy the forum the D40 is a good truck!

Regards,

RLI
:saberfighting:

No stickers to be found, none in book or on door/door frames. Going to take it into get the alloys checked, just saw a car throw an entire wheel at a intersection today an its been playing on my mind ever since.

Just noticed my tires need replacing I started looking at AT's but ended up convincing the ball and chain to let me have some BFG km's =D. Used to own a loud exhausted car with low profiles that were stupidly loud so I'm not worried about the tire noise from the muddies.

Had a look Under the truck everything looks good and I'm enjoying it a lot. Nice change of pace.

Latest posts

Back