New exhaust or not???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huey_d22

Reaction score
Hi there, just looking into getting an exhaust for my turbo nav. Not to sure if the $1000+ is really worth it. How much power is really gained in this exercise? If anyone has any feedback, positive or negative it would be very much appreciated. I'm also looking to go 3" too.

Power gains will be there but don't expect miracles. You hear lots of hype about how exhausts make massive difference but I have never experienced that. The exhaust on my D40 just helped low end torque and let it spool up quicker.

I'm looking at getting one when I get back from deployment. I got a quote from a place in QLD for a 2.75 inch which is suppose to be the best for $1300 to my door step. I'm not expecting massive gains but a little where it counts, a nicer tone, and better economy (not massive either).

I have also considered spending the money but instead took the exhaust off from the flange in front of the resonator, just to see if its the muffler that chokes the performance of the ZD30.
What a difference !!!!!
Spools up quicker, no more bottom end turbo lag, much better low end and mid range performance.
I would highly recommend spending the 3 minutes it takes to undo 3 bolts and try for yourself.
Very happy and save a pocket load of cash.

STC

STC, might have to give that a go, eventually. The list for the Nav is soooooo long right now and I'm constantly running out of time.

Yeah my exahsust is dumped just after the turbo and has helped alot. Sounds great too. Cops don't even look at it unless they're smiling haha

Yeah my exahsust is dumped just after the turbo and has helped alot. Sounds great too.

What do you mean, "dumped just after the turbo?" No exhaust?
Was thinking of replacing the cat n muffler with straight through pipes. Since it seems others have done. Oh and the DPF.

Yep. There is a flange just before the resonator, undo the 3 bolts, take the rubber support off and job done.
Took ma all of 3 minutes.

STC

Holy cr@p. Dunno bout that for me, D40. I thought it was radical to remove DPF cat n muff.

Ended up buying a 3" system, i'll let you fellas know how it goes. Hope its worth it. Not real keen on ripping the pipes off that far forward.

Beaudesert exhausts are offering 10% off and 50% off the shipping till the 7th Sept on all their exhaust kits. It was offered on the latest 4wd action DVD.

Beaudesert exhausts are offering 10% off and 50% off the shipping till the 7th Sept on all their exhaust kits. It was offered on the latest 4wd action DVD.

I got a quote the other week and they never mentioned that. Might have to get another one and remind them. Thanks for letting us know.

Just need that dam tax money to show up now...

Pete

Ask them do they have dyno graphs comparing 3" mandrel bend to 3" conventional bent tube systems..on the d22 ?????

would like to see the facts rather than the hype put forward by suppliers which then carry's over onto forums

I got a 2 1/2' exhaust from the flex join back- didn't do the dump pipe or cat and it got the low end response back that i lost when i put taller tyres on. Only cost $550. I've been thinking about doing the rest of the exhaust but don't think i'd get much more gain for the extra bucks.

Just my 2 cents on the topic.

I've finally gotten my 3" exhaust on now. After having 3 studs break on the turbo. A lot of frustration and an oxy torch later its all fitted up. I'm pretty happy with the overall change it has made. It has given i bit more low revs power and a bot more noise but nowhere near as much as i was expecting.

Snapping studs/having to pull the turbo off is another reason i haven't replaced the dump pipe and cat. When a turbo constantly expands and contracts with heat you know its not going to come apart easily.

I just took the exhaust off before the resonator. Nice tone got y low revs power and no complaints from the porkers yet :)

Latest posts

Back