new member dan ^^

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40 abuser

Reaction score
hey jus signed up got new d40 last week thinkin of gettin a caddy canopy? anyone fitted 1 themselfs? dun trust these monkeys hackin my new car up

Welcome Dan.

I haven't fitted a caddy canopy but fitted the Avenger workstyle to mine which is almost identical (expect the sales and support was shit loads better from Avenger). The hardest part about installing my canopy was the weight, with 4 people it would be a breeze but with 2 it's bloody heavy and awkward but once you get your rhythm working it's not hard to fit.

There is no hacking involved, if Caddy is identical they use J bolts at the front and you need to drill 4 holes at the back and one each in the side. The side bolts that were provided with mine didn't work but I was able to find ones that did in the shed.

The lifestyle canopies are a bit lighter than the workstyle may be a little bit more maneuverable but I believe they attach the same way.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new D40.

Fitting a canopy is generally not a difficult task and shouldn't involve much in the way of hacking or modification, however I can understand your desire to fit it yourself. That way you can be sure of the alignment and fit. Take your time and you should be sweet.

As Krafy alluded to, make sure to have plenty of extra hands available for the lifting phase - they aren't light.

thanks for the quick and kind welcome forgot to mention sorry ask if sliding side windows are a pain if your full loaded

Oh yeah and make sure you have a tube of bog handy to bog up the holes Nissan conveniently leave in the front of the tub. Easiest way to find them is once the lid is on is to reverse into a garage or shed and leave the garage door open, climb into the back and look for daylight. This is extremely effective in smaller sheds and garages (single car). It's hard to get a light or torch down between the tub and hut so looking for natural light is quite often easier since some of the holes are quite small but do let water in especially when in pelting rain.

I'll never use sliding windows on any canopy I buy but I use my side windows more than the back and need to get large boxes out (which is why I choose the workstyle). However I would always recommend getting a sliding window up front to allow for a bit more airflow through your canopy because it gets bloody hot in there on warm days. The gaps at the tailgate provide a good place for the air to escape but you need air in there especially if you want to run fridges and stuff which generate their own heat.

Latest posts

Back