New Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB260

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum.

Took delivery of a new 2011 Navara ST Diesel manual 2 weeks ago (McGrath Nissan Sutherland NSW) and really enjoying it so far !:rock:

Originally the clutch engaged high on the pedal. Mentioned this at the 1000km service, I was told that they will check it, but that it is a hydrologic clutch and that they can't do much about it. Service report states clutch checked and operating within normal speck, with no further action.
I am sure they must have done something as the clutch now feels a lot smoother and it feels as if it is engaging not as high as before !

Reading all the comments about Nissan's service issues and the clutch problems with the D40 it is a real concern, I hope that I made the right choice, as the plan was to drive this car till the wheels fall off !!!!!! :devil:

Any feedback is appreciated !

Cheers
BB

G'day mate and welcome to the forum.You bought the right model to drive till the wheels fall off.Its normally at about 5000km that they fall off.lol They probably adjusted the rod length on the slave cylinder.

Welcome to the forum.

The D40 manual doesn't say that there's a lot of adjustment in it. Clutch pedal stop adjustment is in the pedal stopper bolt (item 5 of the Components drawing, page 7 of the CL.PDF file in the D40 Workshop Manual). Height adjustment is done by adjusting the clevis pin/push rod.

There's little else to adjust on it. The detail on the clutch hydraulic cylinder doesn't indicate whether or not it's self-centering but you'd have to imagine that it ought to be.

I think most of the probs were with the early spanish d40's. ive got a d40 2.5cr st manual and no issues yet. ive done almost 25k towing each and every day bt 3 tonne with 300kg ball weight. hps of stop start and hill starts too. so far so good! having said that though, somehtings probably going to go wrong now!

Thanks for the info Guys ! another question ............

How will I know where my D40 is from " Spain or Japan " ?

BB

hi bb, welcome, im pretty new to the d40 myself but as far as i know the st is thai build and the stx spain

Easiest way to tell is to look at the VIN number that's on the passenger side of the windscreen, on your rego papers and should be in the vehicle service manual as well.

If it starts with "VSK" it's a Spaniard and will come in automatic or manuel versions only.

If it starts with "J" it will come with a bible, some holy water and several winning lotto tickets because the ST/STX wasn't built in Japan as far as I knew.

If it starts with "M" it will come with a box of matches and a "1 free hour in a backhoe for Aido" ticket because it's built in Thailand. (Aido will get that joke, and so will anyone else that knows of the terrible time he's had with his '22).

G'day chaps, just purchased a 07 D40 STX TD auto,dual cab, to upsize the wifes 90' surf, after 6-12mths of looking thought it was the best affordable vehicle for our needs & wants.
Hope to set it up for a bit of touring. only disapontment is the fuel milage, even with the miss'es feather foot, but told there are a few thing we can do, if only I could stop the misses driving it. we're loving it.:wash_truck:

Latest posts

Back