new purchase

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumbum

Reaction score
just a quick one, whats the opinion on 15'' or 16'' sunraysia rims.
And one last one, spotties, value for money?

I found my D40's headlights quite unsatisfactory, and the D22 loan car I had was also poor at night.

With the installation of some Fat Boy globes ($160 a pair) I've resolved my main headlight issue. With the addition of some IPF 800s (one flood, one spot) I've got brilliant light from the front of the vehicle.

As for rims - depends what you have now. You can't legally increase the road diameter too much anyway, and going too far can put so much strain on your suspension/steering that it will wear quickly and/or break when you don't need it to.

just a quick one, whats the opinion on 15'' or 16'' sunraysia rims.
And one last one, spotties, value for money?

$320 for a set roolight 240's ,they are a lightforce copy, do the same job and save some coin, great lights ,tjm or autobarn stock them

If 15 inch rims fit then you will get better offroad performance for the same overall tyre diameter because the tyres will have a higher sidewall, tyres should be cheaper too. Most stick to a 16 inch though so I am not sure why....maybe they dont have much brake clearance?

I have a pair of IPF spotties, and to be honest I hardly ever use them. I love the fact that they are there if I need them though.

Lights are more about personal opinion than anything else and as far as value for money goes that really comes down to what you consider a fair price, as long as you don't think you'll get out of it for $50 decent light can be installed from any one of about 5 different light manufacturers.

Just a word on an important difference between driving lights - some don't like to be submerged.

If the light has a plastic back, don't bother dunking it. It will fill with water. If you're not going to do any wading, then get whatever you fancy.

Tip: round driving lights will never look like they've been mounted at a funny angle. Rectangular driving lights almost always look like they've been mounted poorly.

Yeah but round driving lights look silly next to square headlights.....all personal preference of course but I don't mind admitting some people look silly :big_smile:

Just a word on an important difference between driving lights - some don't like to be submerged.

If the light has a plastic back, don't bother dunking it. It will fill with water.

i disagree tony
lightforce advertise that they will take a dunking ??
my roolights have been underwater and still work ??

That won't last forever. Plastic - by its very nature - will deform over time. That's why it's called "plastic". No matter how well it's treated, the combined effects of sun, temperature variations through both the elements and through usage as well as movement will eventually cause the plastic to change shape. It's inescapable - part of the nature of the beast, if you will.

Back