New ST Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there many STX or even Navs in wreckers, I've rung a few east of Melbourne looking for different things but none of them reckon they have any in the yard

Not too sure of that, i know theres heaps of str's out there. A good site to try is partslocater.com.au, there aussie wide and you just type in the part you need and hopefully the registered wreckers with that site will reply back to you if they have the part you are after.

Not too sure of that, i know theres heaps of str's out there. A good site to try is partslocater.com.au, there aussie wide and you just type in the part you need and hopefully the registered wreckers with that site will reply back to you if they have the part you are after.

That's a good site I've used it before but forgot about it the other day, I was really only looking to get an idea of where I might be able to go down the track if I need things and really didn't find much around here worth keeping note of but I'll remember that site next time.

Nissan have finally updated their website today with all of the ST specs which is good news, looks like there is minimal difference between the ST & STX. ST is also 45kg lighter than STX its worth a look to see the differences as there are fewer than I thought there would be. Now they just need to arrive in Brisbane.

The differences are few (according to the spec sheet), but interesting.

No child restraint anchorages listed for ST - that is a HUGE mistake. I know they can be fitted after-market, but that's not good enough - they should be factory.

No three point seatbelt in the middle of the second row. Inexcusable.

Rear heater vents. Inconvenience in cold climate for sure. I know my son likes having the warm air on his feet when it's cold.

Thai built (non-STX) get ashtray and cigarette lighter, and bluetooth as standard (with steering wheel controls).

Aforementioned rear seat differences - STX gets flip up/down 60:40. ST gets fold down only (one piece backrest). Trims colours and pattern are different too.

No drivers lumbar adjustment on ST.

There are also differences in spec for tray length (internal), approach angle, departure angle, clearance, overall length etc etc.

I suppose when it comes down to the few grand difference in price Nissan have to make changes to the model and rather than make it in obvious areas they make it in things people don't always check like the three point harness, the different seats and the approach angles.

For some people who may not understand (or care) about the specifics and only look at the dollars knocking a few grand off the top of the line model for a "nearly the same" model probably looks quite inviting. I know when I was looking I was comparing the RX to the STX and even got to the point of considering buying the RX and fitting all the bits I wanted off the STX to it after market but with the work involved, and the prices made made it a fairly weak argument, was much easy to pay the extra and get the bits I wanted fitted and not have to worry about stuffing around with what I considered was a vehicle not practical to my needs.

Just looking at the specs, several other difference which may or may not make a difference to people but obviously do make a difference to the price.

ST only has 2 tie down channels as opposed to 5 in the ST-X, they would give me the shits because I use 3 out of my 5 even with the canopy on.

ST doesn't get "Turn-back safety power window (driver)" which I didn't even noticed on the specs sheet when I was looking so that might mean ST owners don't get auto up as a turned on feature. But that can possibly be fixed anyway.

The ST weighs an extra 55 odd kgs but can have about 60kgs more load, but neither of those figures would be a deal breaker I don't suppose. As ants_oz said the approach angle is difference and they've made the ground clearance 12mm less which may annoy some people too.

They also seem to be keeping a set of colours for the top of the range ones too as the ST gets lumped in with all the other models in the colour range.

For the extra $4k that the Nissan website quotes for the ST-X I think I'd still be going for the ST-X.

Navara ST D40

Hey Every one,, Last time i spoke to my dealer (Nth Qld) he was saying that they should be here on about the 28th of december,, but couldn,t tell me which boat mine was on,, either from Spain or Thailand, or weather they would dock in brissy, townsville or sydney,, the least Nissan could do is cough up some freebies for those of us who were promised cars for X-Mas and may not now get them till the New Year..........

Apparently a salesperson at ARB said that the new Navs built in Thailand have a slightly longer tray than the ones built in Spain. This meant that ARB had to redesign their entire canopy and hard tonneau lineup to fit the new models.

Apparently a salesperson at ARB said that the new Navs built in Thailand have a slightly longer tray than the ones built in Spain. This meant that ARB had to redesign their entire canopy and hard tonneau lineup to fit the new models.

The snorkles and bullbars are different too.

Isn't that the D22's? I know the new ones tray is about 90mm longer.

I got the call yeaterday from Nissan in Brisbane and they said that the vehicle had arrived at the dock, but for some reason it was taking longer at the holding yard as they had some delays on the compliance plates. I'm not sure whether thats because its a new model or not. Apparently its going to take longer to get my Sahara Bar fitted too havent been given a reason for that either. It is starting to really give me the you know whats.

I went for a spin in my mates d40 the otherday, they definately dont feel like a 4by, I think the d22 is dtill a good thing.

Latest posts

Back