NEW to NAVs 2.5 vs 3.0 and MORE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gee there some BS in this thread.

ZD30 is generally the better ute.
the YD25 has less power and generally pretty gutless down low. however its helped by lower gearing (except the 08 ones).
however the zd30 suffers from a few problems, especially injection pump which can loose a lot of power.

zd30, add intercooler, remap, exhaust mods and as long as it has decent injection pump it should be fairly good.

yd25 would be good IF you could put a variable turbo on it. the dumbest thing nissan ever did was to use a standard turbo. if they had fitted the low powered yd25 out of the d40 it would have been great.

btw cabstar zd30 i understand is the atmo version. no turbo.
wrong again tho since both engines have exactly the same turbo (IHI rf4) even tho one is 500 cc bigger in combustion. yd25 being 2449 cc benefits on this again.
i have driven both. the yd25 is much better to drive, its true that its dead weight when dropped under 1800 rpm in 3rd 4th 5th gear but better anywhere else in the curve. even feels better than the simple version 174 horsepower d40's out there. i am driving the car for 14 years now so allow me to know what it can and cant do lol haha

wrong again tho since both engines have exactly the same turbo (IHI rf4) even tho one is 500 cc bigger in combustion. yd25 being 2449 cc benefits on this again.
i have driven both. the yd25 is much better to drive, its true that its dead weight when dropped under 1800 rpm in 3rd 4th 5th gear but better anywhere else in the curve. even feels better than the simple version 174 horsepower d40's out there. i am driving the car for 14 years now so allow me to know what it can and cant do lol haha

zd30 uses the HT12-19B turbo.

I disagree that this thread is unhelpful for potential d22 owners. Just ignore all the dick swinging and talk about air-con and pretty much everything Stelianos says. **** talks out his arse and makes shit up. He's all opinion and no idea. I've found him to be completely wrong 99% of the time.

I disagree that this thread is unhelpful for potential d22 owners. Just ignore all the dick swinging and talk about air-con and pretty much everything Stelianos says. **** talks out his arse and makes shit up. He's all opinion and no idea. I've found him to be completely wrong 99% of the time.

Here Here Rabbit Man, just get a ZD30 people and fukcen get over yourselves.

Ask him what happens if you clean your turbo inlet with brake cleaner though hahahahah

lol rabbit and bods you are just guys who cant afford to buy something good spend 10 hours in a forum because no real life and just trash talk lol.
bods leave the brake cleaner alone and work for something better than a DX grade model haha poverty much?
just look at you man, 5.000 posts and cant even get a normal truck yet why you do this?
rabbit what can i say about you and your chinese turbos man, best china customer who cant get bolts outs and get stuck lool
tries to get upgrades done spending pennies and calls em upgrades
probably most retarded thread yet, you guys sound like little kids with Down syndrom hahaha 0 education

lol rabbit and bods you are just guys who cant afford to buy something good spend 10 hours in a forum because no real life and just trash talk lol.
bods leave the brake cleaner alone and work for something better than a DX grade model haha poverty much?
just look at you man, 5.000 posts and cant even get a normal truck yet why you do this?
rabbit what can i say about you and your chinese turbos man, best china customer who cant get bolts outs and get stuck lool
tries to get upgrades done spending pennies and calls em upgrades
probably most retarded thread yet, you guys sound like little kids with Down syndrom hahaha 0 education
Haha haha. Keyboard warriors at their best..... I will leave you believe whatever you will. Oh and I drive a real "truck" for work. Not a 4x4, which we don't call a "truck" in Australia. Also, I don't clean my turbo with brake cleaner

Well for one thing, its Taiwanese, you racist, and second, it cost nearly as much as genuine Garrett. Price didnt really enter the equation. And for what its worth the ute, fully loaded, would blow the doors off empty yd25, up hill, before the new turbo. (edit; with chip and exhaust though)
Anyway, unlike some know-it-alls who never do anything i actually like working with my hands and the original turbo was on its way out. End result is vastly improved torque and rev range - best of both worlds, and still looks stock. So, f*ck you pal.
End of the day , they are both good engines, and there is nothing wrong with the DX pov pack either. I love mine - its the last of the good made in Japan stuff before utes became hairdressers cars with everything computer controlled.

Last edited:
Ha jokes aside, I'm going to pull my 2.5 down soon just to inspect the timing chains and guide. It's as quiet as a mouse and the fact that it has a whallop more grunt than standard should make no difference. The chain only drives the cams and pump, what I will find will be f all. I plan to do it at 150k and take some pic's ect to put here.

thats a great idea John, as you know there is a good how to on [ YD-25.COM ]
shows how to measure the chain tensioner so you know if it needs replacing plus the lower chain spacings via feeler gauge check to let you know how this bottom chain is. all is easy accessable via the removel of the front timing gear cover.

Yeah mate it's probably a waste of time but I've set it up so well there is no need to update. I'm a small engine mechanic by trade so the chains should be easy to diagnose. I did read of a 09 D22 near 500k on stock turbo and chains, so there is a good sign for us.

yes on the YD-25 Site they also mention the good chains and the not so good chains by the paint colours added to the chain link eg; yellow / yellow - blue / yellow not in that order but you know what i mean. yes the later model 2.5 yd,s have the good chains apparently.

Big problems with the Ranger/ BT 50 now. Nathan had 120k on his without a problem a year ago and he knows how to drive hard. My thoughts are to stick with what you have, the vibration D23's are now getting is more annoying.

Latest posts

Back