New Turbo Fitted

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a ball bearing one, does wonders for the motor, one guy on here got one and claimed he had peak torque from like 1200rpm.

In any case you should give mike vine a call and see what the best turbo is or just get a genuine one from garry at nizzbitz.

yeah i looked him up but I'm in melbourne, there so many ranging from 600 to 1600, some say new some say refurbished, its doing my head in, i got few calls to make to some melb guys at axt and mtq and see what they can do, it hasnt blown but it has been hissing like a cut snake snake since i brought it 2 1/2 years ago and only reason i took it off was cause its been squirting oil last few days and i noticed from a burning smell as well, so after checking it all i realised i lost 2 bolts at back and then i wiggled the shaft and let me just say this is one hole with a wobbly shaft in it so lucky i looked at now instead of waiting for a bang

Ok PRICE......Taipan Exhaust $1650, Taipan water to air intercooler $3500, Tunit chip $1100, Turbo $4000, check out Mike Vines web site a lot of info and dyno sheets,
The nav is now pumping out 864Nm at the rear wheel running 255/85R16 (33.4inch) tyres, power/torque kicks in from 1200rpm, Mike did say if I fitted the standard size wheels on he could get another 20% more torque out of it also the Tunit Chip is at it’s limit, he also suggested fitting another brand then re-dyno and he could squeeze even more out of it.
I’m VERY happy with the out come but after spending almost $10,000 I wasn’t that keen (not just yet anyway) to change the Chip, the Turbo is a Garrett ball bearing running oil & water cooled they also fitted a safety blow of valve,

Ok PRICE......Taipan Exhaust $1650, Taipan water to air intercooler $3500, Tunit chip $1100, Turbo $4000, check out Mike Vines web site a lot of info and dyno sheets,
The nav is now pumping out 864Nm at the rear wheel running 255/85R16 (33.4inch) tyres, power/torque kicks in from 1200rpm, Mike did say if I fitted the standard size wheels on he could get another 20% more torque out of it also the Tunit Chip is at it’s limit, he also suggested fitting another brand then re-dyno and he could squeeze even more out of it.
I’m VERY happy with the out come but after spending almost $10,000 I wasn’t that keen (not just yet anyway) to change the Chip, the Turbo is a Garrett ball bearing running oil & water cooled they also fitted a safety blow of valve,

All that power.... what's it going to do the the life expectency of the motor? I wouldn't have thought u should push these motors to their limit.... but then again, I'm not that familiar with these motors yet.

With those size tyres, is there any signs of rubbing and what sort of suspension mods do u have? I don't mind the tall skinny tyres, I dare say that the extra power/torque will help u greatly in taking off....especially up inclines & with Load on.....

Life expectancy out of the Zd30, I had some hesitation on how the power would affect the engine but After talking to Mike Vines, it was somewhat put at ease as stated “ the Zd30 is a good engine it is what Nissan have bolted onto that is questionable”, But in saying that I do not drive it like I stole it, the power is there when you need it most, Overtaking on the highway, 4wding & towing, you wont power trust me (lol) do these mods and you will be amazed.
Suspension – 2inch body lift, tough tog torsion bars, snake racing upper control arms kit, about to fit a set of the Ranch adjustable shocks, 2inch extended rear shackles
Braded brake lines, idler arm brace, trimmed front inner guard/muddflap dont have any issue with tryes rubbing,
If there is one thing i would recommed it is not to use the Tunit chip as it is very limited if you plan on adding additional power mods.

Last edited:
have you tried the uni chip? thats what blue nav recommends,even tho he's using a 2.5?? also need to see some pictures.

i pick my turbo up tomorrow after a full rebuild and balance and everything brand new with billet shaft in it, $ 985 12 months warranty, most place gave me 3 months if i fit the turbo, i dropped it off today in afternoon and pick it up tomorrow morning, he normally does it in few hrs only if u drop it off early but i took it late and he's against cheap Chinese shit he wont use them, so im happy

i pick my turbo up tomorrow after a full rebuild and balance and everything brand new with billet shaft in it, $ 985 12 months warranty, most place gave me 3 months if i fit the turbo, i dropped it off today in afternoon and pick it up tomorrow morning, he normally does it in few hrs only if u drop it off early but i took it late and he's against cheap Chinese shit he wont use them, so im happy

Hey mate, thats a good price. Who are they?

Hey mate, thats a good price. Who are they?

yes mate heres he's link to web site, i was impressed in his set up at home, has all the machinery and balancing and laves that he needs, and hoist and every tool or car part is put on a wall in its place, i like when i walk in somewhere and see organisation and pride in work,. just tell him pete recommended ur work and he'll do same, he's names ben

http://www.procharge.com.au

yes mate heres he's link to web site, i was impressed in his set up at home, has all the machinery and balancing and laves that he needs, and hoist and every tool or car part is put on a wall in its place, i like when i walk in somewhere and see organisation and pride in work,. just tell him pete recommended ur work and he'll do same, he's names ben

http://www.procharge.com.au

Cheers mate, will save the link for when i need to go down the same path.

That would be great. I plan on keeping a pretty close eye on my turbo. Its only done 110,000 now, but with no intercooler ill be check it quite often.

Thanks mate

Pete

yeah every few months is good to give the wheel a jiggle and see if movement increses, hey i noticed u have a beudesert exhaust on ur list of things, did it truthfully make much difference in car? im thinking of it but i dont want it to sound like a bloody gemini with 3 inch tip like most i see getting around

yeah every few months is good to give the wheel a jiggle and see if movement increses, hey i noticed u have a beudesert exhaust on ur list of things, did it truthfully make much difference in car? im thinking of it but i dont want it to sound like a bloody gemini with 3 inch tip like most i see getting around

No worries.

I 100% think the exhaust made a difference. Mostly around town were it would get bogged down in 2nd gear, now it doesn't worry it. Driving around town is much better i believe.

I also think it has differently help when stuck on a step hill, both standing start and powering up. Those were pretty much the reasons i wanted the exhaust. I wasn't expecting huge increases like some people may be looking for only to be disappointed.

I got mine with the muffler, so it really isn't that loud at all. Does not drone when driving in the cab and certainly does not sound like the Navs with 3" straight through systems. You get a little more turbo whistle and burble, bit lower tone. I like it.

Also they are 2.75", so less chance for clearance issues.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Beaudesert make a very high quality system, they also make one in full Stainless Steel as well, was like $1000 more though and they give you the option of having a muffler or delete pipe or both.

Just a side note, i recently fitted a cheap chinese turbo and it caused all sorts of problems, mostly to do with the actuator, watch your boost levels, mine were at 20lb at WOT

Have read about this before. Actuator not set right giving high boost. May have been somebody who bought one of the ebay ones, but cant remmeber for sure.

Yes watch it, the turbo unit itself seems good but actuator can be welded poorly.
easy fit with some spacers.
Boost and EGT gauge's are essential!

Latest posts

Back