New Turbo Fitted

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer the wastegate is fine, but the angle of the actuator isnt. Either weld a longer bracket or space out the wastegate plate. Mine has been like this since i bought it. Tuned to 17-18psi. Works like a charm. There a loud turbo as well. Whistles HARD up in the high boost range and not down low.

jeeze that's strange, im running 3 standard galvanized washer mine on mid 17s. never cuts fuel. hmm mm Are you 100% sure your getting the right boost measurement. seems strange as many user on this forum are running higher boost levels than standard.

before my chaining time snapped my ebay one (same turbo as Lawry) was going great,had the same thing with boost but easy fix with a few washers (sure is better than extra $600) will have to ring injectors express and give em another kick in the arse.
mine is at 16 1/2 and had no fuel issues.
you might want to put the washers on both sides so it sits even and solid

hmmm alright, the only thing i could think of is th MAP sensor on its way out??
just a guess.
best of luck

No worries.

I 100% think the exhaust made a difference. Mostly around town were it would get bogged down in 2nd gear, now it doesn't worry it. Driving around town is much better i believe.

I also think it has differently help when stuck on a step hill, both standing start and powering up. Those were pretty much the reasons i wanted the exhaust. I wasn't expecting huge increases like some people may be looking for only to be disappointed.

I got mine with the muffler, so it really isn't that loud at all. Does not drone when driving in the cab and certainly does not sound like the Navs with 3" straight through systems. You get a little more turbo whistle and burble, bit lower tone. I like it.

Also they are 2.75", so less chance for clearance issues.

Hope this helps.

Pete

yeah it does help, now i want one, true flow exhaust said they'll bang me up a full mandrel bent from turbo back for $1100, im leaning towards beudesert though, i cop it all time especially with the 32's where it goes no where till turbo kicks in even when 4wdin.. its a pain in the arse, 2.75 is what i do want, thanks for shedding some light

Have you tried the Taipan Exhaust, I can highly recommend them, but they are a 3inch, Not sure if they make a 2.75, still worth a phone call.with the New Turbo I had fitted the boost is set at 15psi

i'll put up a post on how my turbo goes after i install it for a bit of feed back, hopefully u never need to ring him

hers couple pics of turbo, this guy is good, its sand blasted cleaned and painted- balanced with billet shaft and everything else is brand new and comes with receipt and 12 month warranty in a sealed plastic pocket,
does all navara d22's use hitachi turbo??
is mine the same as most out there?

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 62
hers couple pics of turbo, this guy is good, its sand blasted cleaned and painted- balanced with billet shaft and everything else is brand new and comes with receipt and 12 month warranty in a sealed plastic pocket,
does all navara d22's use hitachi turbo??
is mine the same as most out there?
heres more

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 66