New UCA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subz123

Reaction score
I bought my UCA from 4x4 parts in the states. Im haveing troubles with the install the ball joints are to close to the flang of the tower for it to work i have to modify the flange and thats what the instructions says to do.
For the camber setting i need i have to modify it has any one else had trouble with them and has any one modified there tower flang.

Two ways it was suggested to me.. shave off enough with a grinder (should only be about 10mm max) or get thor out and give it a slammin'
Flick us a pm if ya get stuck and ill send ya my number

Thanks manning looks like the grinder in comeing out tomorrow if you got pics of how they look now that will help thanks bro

Once you ve replaced the arm just leave it off of the spindle (where the ball joint meets)
Replace the two top bolts and hand tighten the nuts.
Then its just a case off swinging the new arm up and down checking for clearence and 'making room' until it clears.
Passenger side is alot easier as you dont have to deal with the bolts coming out around the steering boot. Remember that it has some play. I just pushed it out of the way enough to pull the bolt past and when i replaced it i put it in the other way - no issues.
Also you might need to remodel where the abs wire sits. I didnt need to as mine for some reason sit closer to the spring but others sit out wide.. check that too.. good luck.. let us know how it goes.
Pm me your number tomorrow if ya stuck and ill flick ya some pix. Just having drama with imageshack

Thanks bro ill send you my number now just so i can get a better picture of how much you cut .

Sorry buddy I was recommended these by another member :( didn't know it would be this much hassle :(

Nah i don't think that is the fact there no good. Just a little more than take old out put new in.

subz you'll be stoked when you get it sorted. with that spacer you must have been loosing out on some down travel with the original ones.

subz you'll be stoked when you get it sorted. with that spacer you must have been loosing out on some down travel with the original ones.
Yeah bro heps of it carnt wait to get it sorted and hit a track this week hopefully. Thanks for the help

Sorry buddy I was recommended these by another member :( didn't know it would be this much hassle :(

As manning said its not that there no good, they're really good. Its just if you go over 40-50mm and still want good droop you'll need to modify the strut tower a bit no matter what.

Latest posts

Back