new years resolutions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
It's time to put them in place i know it's hard to give up the cig's or booze but it can be done i had a chat to the wife about her goals the major one was to get back to size 12 after a major op changed everything she is not eating bad and exercising more to get her goal.

I got sick of my mates not going for a ride or offroad i put new tyres on the bike ttr250 and had a ball by myself doing a trip to rainbow beach soon alone on the bike then up to cruiser park in the 22 with the wife and kids again the mates are busy,

I just get tired of the excuses i carn't go today john i am tired maby next week it never happens so i go by myself the last time i felt at ease was at the muster 10-20 4wd's to help if you bogged i just don't get why we have semi capable 4wd's and use them for shopping???

Admin may move this to have a rant sorry
hj

Last edited:
Have to agree with you there John, life get busy and before you know it you forget the things that make you happy for the things that are the usual work, work, work and when your not working you running the errands you should have done during the week then all of a sudden the week has started over all ready.
But i fixed this issue with my mates by buying a winch (due next week) and making me and my ute self reliable (still a few things to do). So now, alone or with the family i can go when ever i get a chance, soon the plan is to buy a trailor (when i have a place to store it) for bigger trips, a CRF450 the kids bike and all camping gear.
in saying all this i gues were all busy these days and trying to make free time along with other families is diffcult at the best of times.
i personally dont do resolutions but if i had one it would be to finish modding the 22 and have a full setup complete in time to buy a new place at the end of the year.

I don't believe in that resolution crap either just set a goal the winch is a must i pulled myself "the 22" out of the crap with a high lift as a winch but it was luck no tree in front and went back but as you say you need to be able to look after yourself.

I gave up on resolutions, since I don't smoke any more and barely drink I'm neither fun at parties nor in any need to make lifestyle changes to improve my health.

I am committed to learning more about 4WDing and can't thank Sparra04 enough for what he's taught me so far. I want to pay off more of my debts and getting sliders and underbody protection. These aren't resolutions - just goals I'd like to achieve.

Well said Tony and well done for giving up the cigs i hope by the time i refer to myself as "old hj"i will have no depts but looking at the bank balance it won't be soon.

option 1
double row chain, bigger turbo and I/c, chip $10k??
and ime still stuck with a t/bar front end
option 2
2010 yd30 commonrail in a pootrol for $10k changeover
option 3
2010/11 d40 v6 $20k changeover

option 4
find a wrecked pootrol and fit zd30 commonrail to d22
hmm theres an idea

Get myself an awning a canopy and winch this year then go u the bloody thing!!

And don't sweat the petty things, this years motto is the same as last years. 'Yea whatever' and take it as it comes

yeah whatever hahaha
i think this is turning into more of a whats my plans for the 4x4 this year, thread, oh well that works too.

Have a good look at cororomal sparra the quality is better and interdependent sus tows like a dream.
I'll second that ! Kitchen bench is also higher in the Coromal I had the Silhouette with the push out kitchen. Mine wasn't an off-road model but it could still easily go most places within reason. I miss mine !!!!!

Cheers Brad

why did you sell it Brad? mine is the biggest "van that is "everything is in it packed ready to go all we need is food drinks and clothes but like i said earlier with the tanks full 200ltrs and all your gear in soft sand it's a bitch 1.7t behind a 22 makes hard work.

I believe campers are the best bang for your buck ours has the annex on the kitchen side as well that shades the 3 way fridge and gives you another place to read a book.On a long road trip without the annex we set up in 30mins but i have to agree with Tony we had a long yarn at the muster if you need a sleep or a number 2 a full van is the way on the road and that will come.

John

Back