Newbie with 2003 D22 143K heaps to go

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archenar

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought I'd say hello. This site has been quite useful in getting some advice. Mechanically I am a shocker - I passed shop B (metal) because of my theory and thus have a desk job.

I have a 2003 D22 ST-R Sport which has just reached the 140K mark. Had the 140K service and no major issues. A tiny amount of oil coming from somewhere near the turbo (really hard to see in there and I don't know what the parts are called) and my mechanic mentioned that the front right bolt holding the cab to the chassis spins when trying to turn it. Not sure how to tighten that myself - does the plastic looking top inside the cab (under the carpet) come loose with the edge of a screw driver? It looks a very tight fit - no space for a screw driver without doing damage I'd say.

I bought it 2nd hand about 2 years ago. Needed a ute for some yard work that could tow. No worries there. Have a canopy and roof racks now for off road camp trips. Everything else is stock really :p

Looking to get CouplerTec ERPS this weekend in preparation for a Fraser trip.

Thanks in advance for answering any future queries!

Arch

Welcome to the forum!

Oil in the turbocharger isn't completely unexpected (from the PCV), but there are some turbos whose bolts come loose - someone will be along to remind us which one(s) that is.

Back