Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneWolf

Reaction score
Hi All my name is Darren from Newcastle just joined, love my Navara thought I'd join a forum with fellow Navara owners, probably one question, I take mine on the beach a lot, no lift kit but do I need to upgrade my bash plate? If so any recommendations? Cheers looking forward to talking with you guys

Welcome Darren, Not till you get a bullbar you will need to replace the bash plate as its a common problem for them to be pushed in your radiator. You should't be doing anything to hetic ahah

Welcome aboard to the forum!

Everybody is quite helpful on here,

^^^ as above in previous comment.

Do you have an aftermarket Bar on there?
Or no bar???
Anyways welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard!

If you're going to do beach work more than anything else you might consider keeping the weight down and concentrating on other areas of improvement.

I'd consider recovery hooks on all four corners rather than bullbar & rear bar. I'd also consider sump, radiator and transfer case protection.

Highway tyres are better for sand than all-terrains and don't even bother putting muddies on to hit the beach, once they start digging a furrow you'll be at the McWong Drive Thru in Shanghai before you know it.

Invest in a good air compressor. An onboard one that's compatible with air lockers would be handy, as it will do the lot for you (and having one tool to do two jobs reduces weight again). Get your hands on a quick-deflator from ARB - it's magic. Peter or Ash will help you out there. While you're there, you might consider a set of MaxxTraxx - there are cheaper versions around though.

So while we're talking about lockers ... ARB do air lockers and for extensive sand work I'd recommend them. While the risk of suffering damage from a spinning wheel hitting the ground is reduced on sand, there's an annoyance in that once a wheel starts to spin, the whole train starts to slow. Lockers pretty much prevent that.

I definatly wouldnt reccomend muddies for sand either.😆 but if you have a set of maxtrax or ebay specials you will recover yourself from any disaster! Almost the best accessiory ive ever borrowed! Oh and welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Highway tyres are better for sand than all-terrains and don't even bother putting muddies on to hit the beach

Funny Tony, most of the hard core 4x4s we see out there run m/t tyres, looks tough as. Ive read on the the popular 4x4 mags that mud tyres are now great on all sorts of terrain!
Im with you though , the lesser aggressive tyre will always win on sand.

I remember doing a long beach run on my factory all terrains, car glided along like a dream,
I did the same run 2 weeks later with my m/ts on and I needed to keep my foot flat to the floor to keep moving, all I could notice was the sand being thrown up into the air as the mud terrain cleared them selves out( as a good m/t should do).
On sand you want a low pressure non aggressive thread so you glide along the soft sand.

Latest posts

Back