Next on the mods list

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopz

Reaction score
Just wanting a bit of advice on which way to go with an intercooler for my ZD30 guys. I have searched through the threads but wanted to know if any new setups have been acheived or what ones were currently working and easy to install.

At the moment I have an ally bar, but looking at ditching that down the track for an xrox one, and also weighing up the idea of a bodylift yet as well. I'm getting a 2 inch suspension kit fitted in a week so the intercooler was next on the mod list.

I'm only really wanting it to act as a catchers mit if the turbo ever lets go, not so much on the performance side of things. However I do want to install it myself, so was after a kit with the least amount of moving and cuttting items. I like the ASE kit but understand you need to cut the bullbar mount. I also like the top mount kit from cross country 4x4 but was told they get hot being above the alternator, etc.
I dont want to go the XR6 option, as I dont have the time or know how to get intake pipes relocated and re-tigged, then try and source pipework.

I dont mind paying a bit extra for a quailty kit, that will be best suited.

Any suggestions would be great guys.

Yeah mate I did, but after tweake poked holes in their theories of why it wouldnt work so well i left me a bit skeptical about it.

not so much it won't work, just the outlet is great but the inlet is a dogs breakfast. your paying all that $$$ and they can't do a nice inlet ????

Yeah I have no idea on the price so I've emailed them and will wait too see what the cost of one is.

It is a very nice looking setup however.

I have the top mount - don't know how it stacks up performance wise. Found it a bit of a bugger to fit - Customer service is excellent though, so it all got sorted pretty bloody quick.

If cutting holes in large body panels is not for you, then your arse will definitely be chewing on your undies as you put the first cut in the bonnet - but you could always get your local paint'n'panel guy to do it for you.

Yeah the top mount is great value for the price, I'm swayed towards that as I didnt realise they come with a 10" fan under the core as well.

The northside IT is $1650 plus $90 postage to get it too my door, paying the best part of $1750 for an IT kit is pretty damn exxy I reckon

Latest posts

Back