Nissan D22 CHIP NOW AVAILABLE WITH 62% INCREASE WITH CHIP IT POWER PACKAGE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested in the outcome scouller as im a little disappointed with the amount of smoke the car blows and the performance!!!!!

Robert,

How does the EGT work? Is it located in the cabin for you to view? is it simple plug in and go system? If i took car back to Nissan would they see the EGT controller etc? What would be the install price for a 2010 D 22 for the chip, the EGR blank plate and the EGT controller module and who is my closest installer to Penrith NSW,

Would the black smoke reduce with these mod's

Cheers
Rosifumi

Interested in the outcome scouller as im a little disappointed with the amount of smoke the car blows and the performance!!!!!

Robert,

How does the EGT work? Is it located in the cabin for you to view? is it simple plug in and go system? If i took car back to Nissan would they see the EGT controller etc? What would be the install price for a 2010 D 22 for the chip, the EGR blank plate and the EGT controller module and who is my closest installer to Penrith NSW,

Would the black smoke reduce with these mod's

Cheers
Rosifumi

I can help you out with some those questions,
The EGT controller is located in the cabin, with the thermocouple and chipit connecting wires coming through the firewall. You need to drill and tap a 1/4 NPT thread into the turbo dump pipe, this isn't easy if you don't have the tools or know how.

The chip is simple plug and play, takes 10 mins or so to fit, and a few hours of having fun playing with different tunes.

Yes Nissan will see the EGT controller, and chip unless you remove it before each service.

There has being alot of people complaining about the YD25 blowing black smoke, I personally haven't seen a D22 or D40 blow what I would consider excessive smoke. Adding a chip is more likely to increase the smoke due to the extra fuel being injected.

Hi Lep

Thanks for that. Just an add on to that.

If people cannot drill and tap the hole in the exhaust dump pipe feel free to take it to an exhaust place or mechanic. An air drill is small and is able to get into tight places so they will find it easier to do of course.

I know one of the dealers places the probe nearer to the cat for ease of access. This is fine because we set the top temp limit 10% higher than what stock temps read. So you can place the probe anywhere.... just take the fuse out of the chip and go find a big long hill and give it heaps.... with a load would be best ... to see what standard temps get up to. Then just add 10% to that figure for safe level of increase.

The dealer wont mind the EGT LED display as its just measuring EGTs. However we always suggest the 5 min removal of the Chip so the dealer doesn't point the bone. :)

On our Chips we are the only ones able to REMOVE fuel from the fuel map(not just add it like other chips). This means that on vehicles (like the Nissan 2.5 litr) that tend to blow smoke, we can adjust THAT PART of the fuel map to take out fuel. This means we can actually stop the smoke.

We do this on all Navara autos as a matter of course since the DPF delete is an option and the factory ECU no longer needs the extra fuel squirt on initial throttle roll on to heat up the start warming up the DPF.

This also will save some fuel costs.

At the same time, when we start adding fuel to make power we are also adding air (via extar turbo boost) which means we dont need to have the vehicle blow smoke to make power.

Other Chips only adding fuel via the common rail dont have the added advantage of adding extra air so in that case they will tend to blow more smoke simply because they run out of air and are now too rich for efficient combustion.

Hope this helps

Cheers

I can help you out with some those questions,
The EGT controller is located in the cabin, with the thermocouple and chipit connecting wires coming through the firewall. You need to drill and tap a 1/4 NPT thread into the turbo dump pipe, this isn't easy if you don't have the tools or know how.

The chip is simple plug and play, takes 10 mins or so to fit, and a few hours of having fun playing with different tunes.

Yes Nissan will see the EGT controller, and chip unless you remove it before each service.

There has being alot of people complaining about the YD25 blowing black smoke, I personally haven't seen a D22 or D40 blow what I would consider excessive smoke. Adding a chip is more likely to increase the smoke due to the extra fuel being injected.

Rob you got a dyno print out on the ZD30 chip.

Not yet ... but soon

If they is anyone on Perth that wants one fitted with no cost for full custom and duno tunging please step forward. We will use that vehicle for tune development IF that car is standard in engine characteristics.

If it is blowing smoke and doesn't make standard boost, etc ... we cannot use it :(

To see what we can do one Pre Common Rails, see here for the first Pre Common rail Chip released by Chip It

... not your standard Chip by any means.

Toyota 100 Series 4.2 EFI

Ok cool.

If I was in Perth Id throw you the keys to my Nav.

Can you make the chip the same price as the Common rail one.

G'day everyone,

Hopefully the chip is gonna help me with my d22. Sick of starting off at 5kmh for 30 meters taking off at the lights when towing.

Can anyone suggest a honest place in nsw where I can get one fitted. Any ball park figure on a fitted price?

Thanks again.

Still waiting on my chip hopefully tomorrow! blocked my egr make it go a little better, not much though, put a pod filter on also, makes a little bit better again. now u can really hear the turbo wind. still hanging for this chip!!

I thought the K&N filters were not good to use on the d22 diesels, i know that western filters do a K&N filter for the 3.0L d22 Diesel, is this safe to use?

Last edited:
gday

was just wondering about the power increase for your chip on a D22 2.5l yd25, if that was with a standard exhaust or not! and if it was an aftermarket job, what size, type would you recommend???

I ordered a chip, egt gauge and manual boost controller from robert on the 1st of march i took delivery of it nine days later. (would have liked it earlier like three days later like i was told) after trying the chip out for 6 days trying different tunes, i noticed a little difference, not as much as i would have liked. Robert has been helpfull and wants to continue to help but my patience has run out. The chip is a plug and play chip (should be easy) which has not worked for my car and now i am requesting for my money back. I have been informed of a 25% restocking fee, but i thought if it didnt work i would be entitled to a full refund less the freight. We will see. My car is a nissan d22 2010 str. I am not trying to turn people off the idea of a chip from chip it as robert is has been more than helpfull but we will see how my refund goes.

Last edited:
^ Id be pissed about the restocking fee.

I have been told that Nissan updated the computer for the newer models so it recognises the chips and goes back to factory settings.

I ordered a chip, egt gauge and manual boost controller from robert on the 1st of march i took delivery of it nine days later. (would have liked it earlier like three days later like i was told) after trying the chip out for 6 days trying different tunes, i noticed a little difference, not as much as i would have liked. Robert has been helpfull and wants to continue to help but my patience has run out. The chip is a plug and play chip (should be easy) which has not worked for my car and now i am requesting for my money back. I have been informed of a 25% restocking fee, but i thought if it didnt work i would be entitled to a full refund less the freight. We will see. My car is a nissan d22 2010 str. I am not trying to turn people off the idea of a chip from chip it as robert is has been more than helpfull but we will see how my refund goes.

This is the same issue i've had with two other Diesel chips. A Nafta Performance and TDC Technologies ones. Even went as far as putting the Navara on a Dyno and only got 1hp gain on the highest setting.

Its why i was asking in the other chipit thread if anyone had tried one on a 2010 model D22. I'm starting to think that it is something like Dave said and the new ones don't like the chips.

Andrew from AXT told me that.

Id say all manufactures will be doing something similar.

25% restocking fee bloody hell, my suppliers charge me a 4% restocking fee on items mis-ordered or proven working and I thought that was a bit rude since all they do is put it on the shelf and palm it off on the next available order but 25% on a $500+ item, I'm glad I only deal in computers.

So after reading the last few posts, can I confirm the chip it upgrade does not suit the 2010 d22?

Any response from chip it on here in regards to the 2010 model.

I have agreed for Robert and Justin from chip it to have the chip installed in my car by there people in Melbourne. They r very confident in there product, so lets see. It will get a dyno tune so we will all know the result. If the chip works I will sing there praises. So in a few days we will all know for sure if chip it can improve the performance of the 2010 d22. Stay tuned for I will have the answer if there is a solution to the under powered 2010 d22, or do we just get over it!!!

I have agreed for Robert and Justin from chip it to have the chip installed in my car by there people in Melbourne. They r very confident in there product, so lets see. It will get a dyno tune so we will all know the result. If the chip works I will sing there praises. So in a few days we will all know for sure if chip it can improve the performance of the 2010 d22. Stay tuned for I will have the answer if there is a solution to the under powered 2010 d22, or do we just get over it!!!

Awesome can't wait to hear the results mate!

Latest posts

Back