Nissan D22 CHIP NOW AVAILABLE WITH 62% INCREASE WITH CHIP IT POWER PACKAGE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have recieved my chip back from robert at a speedy rate which i am very happy with. I fitted up the chip, fuel limiter disc, manual boost controller, and egr block off. I have fitted my egt gauge but waiting to get diesel tech in lilydale to drill into exhaust. I have to say the chip so far is very good. How i gauge the difference is there is a hill near my house, standard d22 falls from 105km to 80km in fifth gear. Chiped d22 drops from 105km to 101km. This is what i wanted. I drive up this hill twice a day and i didnt want to have to change to fourth every time. When i originally got the chip they forgot to give me the tunes on a disc, so i got robert to send them in an email to me but he sent the wrong ones which didnt work. When he told me this, i thought, here we go. When i requested my money back, i sent the chip back, which was delivered to chip it in perth on fri 18th. On sat. while i was mowing the lawns i got three missed calls from justin and robert trying to convince me to try again. On tuesday i got the chip back and started to enjoy what i should have, in the start. The rear wheels now break traction in second in the wet. On monday the car will go over to lilydale curtius of chip it for some fine tuning and dyno result. ( and of the egt probe at my cost) in my opinion chip it can make the d22 from a car your happy with, to a car your in love with. Lets all keep in mind this is a turbo diesel 4x4 not a v8 super car, so all we really want, is to bring these under powered vehicles back up to be competitive with the rest of the market and them maybe a little more hehehe. After monday i will let everyone know the dyno results. in closing so far, yes the new d22 can be improved!! ( sorry for rambleing on just trying to keep people up to date )

Last edited:
Are you getting it Dyno'ed in Lilydale Vic? If so can I have their phone number, I need to get mine tuned too.

Thanks.

Thanks for reporting back mate. All the best with your car. Hope it gets fine tuned into what your after.

Sounds hopeful! I will put this mod back on the list then pending results on Monday!

Will they be doing a run without the chip to gauge the total increase?

Hi Chip It,
I have a pre common rail 2003 zd30 which has told me it is very keen to be your donor vehicle for the fitting and dyno testing. If the offer still stands im also very keen to get this mod done, I'm off work till thurs this week, PM me for my phone number and we can meet up. Will

My results are in..... Can the d22 be chipped from chip it, answer yes. Is it the same results as they post, not quite. I put the challenge to chip it and here r the results. My car standard with snorkel and egt block off, my dyno results were 73kw at wheels with 343 nm torque. After Andrew from diesel tech in lilydale custom tuned it I got 90 kw at the wheel with a huge 453 nm torque. The thing is, it's no 110kw like I was told or shown but if I didnt know I would believe I had 110. The improvement the chip has made is very impressive. I was manly after extra torque which I most certainly got. To answer the question about low down torque it's better but not terrific but once u get the revs up to 1500 revs ur on ur way. Andrews been able to generate the 453nm torque at 2500 therefore towing the boat is easy without reving out no use going over 3000 rpms. I have a Haines hunter 495 breeze and I started off at the bottom of the hill and I got to the top revving out to 3000 in fouth. In conclusion the hill near my house I mentioned in an earlier post, I now hold 100kh in fifth all the way up the hill and that was all I was after. If this is the power 90kw gives u, that's enough. I feel any more would be a waste not to mention damaging. Andrew from diesel tech phone no. 03 9739 5031. With all that said and done I am now a happy customer of chip it and now I am confident in buying and towing a new two tonne boat......

Last edited:
My results are in..... Can the d22 be chipped from chip it, answer yes. Is it the same results as they post, not quite. I put the challenge to chip it and here r the results. My car standard with snorkel and egt block off, my dyno results were 73kw at wheels with 343 nm torque. After Andrew from diesel tech in lilydale custom tuned it I got 90 kw at the wheel with a huge 453 nm torque. The thing is, it's no 110kw like I was told or shown but if I didnt know I would believe I had 110. The improvement the chip has made is very impressive. I was manly after extra torque which I most certainly got. To answer the question about low down torque it's better but not terrific but once u get the revs up to 1500 revs ur on ur way. Andrews been able to generate the 453nm torque at 2500 therefore towing the boat is easy without reving out no use going over 3000 rpms. I have a Haines hunter 495 breeze and I started off at the bottom of the hill and I got to the top revving out to 3000 in fouth. In conclusion the hill near my house I mentioned in an earlier post, I now hold 100kh in fifth all the way up the hill and that was all I was after. If this is the power 90kw gives u, that's enough. I feel any more would be a waste not to mention damaging. Andrew from diesel tech phone no. 03 9739 5031. With all that said and done I am now a happy customer of chip it and now I am confident in buying and towing a new two tonne boat......

Don't worry about the exact numbers not matching, every dyno throw's out a different number, depending on tyre pressures, diff ratio, gear selected, air temp etc. Just work out the percentage increases to see if your money was well spent.

I went and saw Justin at CHIP IT and had the chip fitted to my d22, I also had the fuel mod and exhaust mod and manual boost done by Justin. Firstly I was well looked after and price was awesome. I have been back twice to fine tune as I have a mac and there program won't work for me( please do a mac program Justin). Now for the good stuff... My brothers D40 and my D22 raced on road and on sand up a boggy hill. Both times it seemed as if his d40 was standing still. On the weekend we raced he took off first and I caught him and past him up the hill and then left him for dead. I also have 3 hiclones which seems to make it smoother. Any way I will have it over the dyno but his is standard at 140 so I must be pushing much more than that. He spent 20K more for what... LOL

32.07% increase in torque.

I assume your running a standard exhaust? What level tune did they upload?

Not sure all i know is that it was custom tuned. I had on it when i fitted the chip folder 3 tune 5. After andrew custom tuned it it was much better, more torque between 2000 and 3000. Also i have a standard exhaust.

Hi. yes I was going to say the same thing about the dyno however, this is another tuner as well. We spend considerable time seeing what is going to help the torque numbers. Some customers want this... some do not want the absolute MAX numbers.

Also, boost pressures may be different too. I don't know. However please know that we dont fudge figures. Not at all. We don't need to. Figures are better than the opposition every time.

The point of this excercise was to prove that there was a problem with the chip / tunes and thats why the chip didn't work on scouller's car. I was 100% certain of that and was happy to put my money where my mouth is.

Glad also that scouller was a champion for trusting us ONE MORE TIME :)

Thanks for that.

Glad to see all has worked out.

I've spoken to chip it in regards to purchasing one and am looking at weather I should buy direct or get it installed at a licensed seller.

Reading scoulers last post he said it was fined tuned to work perfectly.

Is that something the average bloke can do, or one of the chip it licensed sellers can do, or do I need to get it dyno'd and all that jazz?

Hi Chip It,
I have a pre common rail 2003 zd30 which has told me it is very keen to be your donor vehicle for the fitting and dyno testing. If the offer still stands im also very keen to get this mod done, I'm off work till thurs this week, PM me for my phone number and we can meet up. Will

We have pre common rail D22 already done now. 16.5% more HP at 75km/h

Now just waiting to make it a package for retail use.

Hi gorms83. I would recommend getting it fitted by a licenced fitter. If you do it yourself you will never now what you r actually getting figure wise and also the self doubt sets in. I dont really know if you can put a price on reassurance. "Do i have enough boost for this tune or is it too much". The peace of mind of a dyno is priceless. I had promblems fitting mine with the fuel mod leaking lost 20 ltrs fuel on my way home also a couple of other thing. i had a couple of days of extreme high blood pressure due to think i am damaging a new car. The chip is worth every cent, but i would recommend a licenced technition.

I had mine done with the EGR mod and EGT controller. The probe was installed on the dump pipe. The difference is remarkable but I still don't know what the max safe EGT is for this model. I am getting temps of between 250-490c in normal driving. The highest it went was 550c going up hill which scared the crap out of me. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. For e.g.. Say if I decided to do some beach driving. With minimal airflow to the intercooler because of low driving speed, and extra torque working in the engine I can imagine that things would get higher than 550.!....

It depends on where ur probe located in ur dump pipe. Mine is just below the sheild/cover. on standars i got mine to 520. With the chip i got it to 566 up a hill with a one tonne boat. The temp on the day was 20 degrees. I've set mine on 575 degrees.

I was recommended 565C for the Patrol, but the YD25 probably has better piston cooling then the ZD30 so it may be able to run hotter.

I read that the ideal situation is to measure EGT with the standard exhaust, then add the bigger exhaust (3" is best) which drops the temps, then increase tuning with the chip until EGT come back to factory. Not sure if thats practical for most people though.

Latest posts

Back