Nissan D22 CHIP NOW AVAILABLE WITH 62% INCREASE WITH CHIP IT POWER PACKAGE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the torque increase on the D22 Spec ZD30 ?

Its all plug and play isn't it ?

I mainly want extra torque and power for overtaking. Sick of !@#$wit Camry driver's dawdling till they get to the hill.

Edited: Let me break up between CRD and Pre Common Rail

HP increases for the 2.5 are from circa 70 to 110. (This is with the chip set on tune 15, EGT blanking plate and some additional boost (around 4psi) )

Fit a 3" exhaust onto this and you will see even higher numbers.

Chip is plug and play.

HP increases for the ZD30 are 66HP to 90.1HP and 273NM - 342NM (these numbers were with 17" tyres and free flowing exhaust)

For the ZD30 when we fitted a intercooler and did a flat out 12 second dyno run with 70% ramp up, intake temps went from 130 degrees C to 60 degrees C and the AFRs dropped from around 20:1 - 19:1. So well worth the mod.

EGT Blank is around 10mins work and the boost mod takes around 10mins too. ($50.00 for boost controller [MBC] if purchased with the Chip)

We give you 50% discount on the MBC. Normal price is $99 or around $120.00 at Repco.

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

Will order 1 tomorrow.

Ill give you a call, EGR is already blanked, intercooler fitted and 2.5inch exhaust from the turbo back.

Lowered the intake temps as much as I can, heat can get out faster.

So time for more fuel.

Cheers for the info mate.

Dave please send the request with name, address and tel number (and what you want) via email only. I am away for a few days but am reading internet and email often

I do have my mobile with me if you really need to chat however.

Cheers

Hi Robert,
I am keen to get a chip for my 2.5 soon and just wondering with the EGT controller is there a pyro that you need to tap into the dump pipe?

I see how the unit itself is plug and play but how do you go about fitting the EGT in with the unit?

Cheers
Tim

The EGT controller has a probe that will sit into the dump pipe. There is no welding. you simple drill a 8mm hole into the dump and use the fitting supplied to tap a thread (let's call it the bottom fitting).

Then this bottom fitting is screwed in tight (has a gas thread) with some loctite. Let it set for a minute.

Then push the probe into this fitting so that the probe sits into the exhaust around 1/3 of the way and lock it up tight with the top fitting.

Feed the thermo coupling (silver wire) into the cabin through the firewall and connect to the rear of the EGT controller. (some people feed the probe through the firewall without disconnecting from rear of EGT controller and in this case you will not need to make a note of which terminals the wires came off.

Plug in the 2 pin plug into the Chip It module's wiring harness and your install is complete. (1 pin plug on pre common rail Chip)

TIP 1: Start the engine just before the drill bit pokes through so that the swarf is blown outwards

TIP 2: Don't call us saying the little olive that you lost when you unscrewed the two fittings wasn't supplied ;)

Tip 3: ... some folks take a pic of the rear of the EGT Controller with their mobile phone as a reference

EDIT. The ZD30 Chip needs a wire connected to the pump and one wire connected to either the MAP or the TPS sensor. Sorry for the confusion. Still an easy install as we identify the location etc. The 2.5 is full play and play.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking to get a chip maybe next month .
No egt controller though. 3" exhaust, intercooler
Should be finished this week..!
Chip next. Is it still $899.00???
Can't get any word from Northside and not keen on the chip from uk as customer
Service is a bitch.
Here are you guys actually located?

No need... Just a cheap finger twirly one will do the job fine ;)..
Or my VL turbo speciality, vice grips haha

Latest posts

Back