nissan finance 0%

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your talking about two different things...

the interest rate is what they are going to charge you on the loan so if you borrow $40k at zero%, your just repaying the $40k loan amount.
the balloon/residual is a bulk payment you pay at the end of the loan e.g. borrow $40k, pay back $20k over three years, then a final payment of $20. this strategy keeps your loan repayments down.

having said this..the manufacturer has two options... the interest free cost is paid for in the purhcase price OR the manufacturer absorbs the cost to keep selling cars and doesn't make quite so much money on the car..BUT they are making money on the strong AUD$. $40k now in ozzie dollars is worth about 0.20c in the dollar more than it was a couple of years ago... Either way it is a pretty good deal and only likely to go on for a couple of years...

I just paid a deposit on another new D40. I had the option for 0% over 3yrs, 1% over 4yrs or 2% over 5yrs. the raw price of the D40 ST was slightly higher then i saw them a month ago, but i wasnt ever going to pay the price on the tag.

I ended up signing up for the 2% over 5yrs on a white D40 with

ARB Deluxe bar with fog lights
ARB rear step/tow bar
ARB Underbody bash plates
SAFARI snorkel
NISSAN soft torneau cover
RIHNO RACKS and ladder rack
head light protectors
bonnett protector
slim line weather shields
front and rear nissan mats
ULTIMATE SUSPENSION 2" lift
All on road costs, business rego stamp duty ect

For a total of $50k

I just paid a deposit on another new D40. I had the option for 0% over 3yrs, 1% over 4yrs or 2% over 5yrs. the raw price of the D40 ST was slightly higher then i saw them a month ago, but i wasnt ever going to pay the price on the tag.

I ended up signing up for the 2% over 5yrs on a white D40 with

ARB Deluxe bar with fog lights
ARB rear step/tow bar
ARB Underbody bash plates
SAFARI snorkel
NISSAN soft torneau cover
RIHNO RACKS and ladder rack
head light protectors
bonnett protector
slim line weather shields
front and rear nissan mats
ULTIMATE SUSPENSION 2" lift
All on road costs, business rego stamp duty ect

For a total of $50k

Traded in already? Woah

Another D40? Geez how could you buy such a shit car, does the 22 in your name really refer to your IQ? :sarcastic:

Traded in already? Woah
yeah mate the black one has 90k on the clock and a big dent in the wheel arch along with the tail gate, not to mention all the bush pinstripes all over the black.
So because i do so many km's i think i will swap them early from now on

Another D40? Geez how could you buy such a shit car, does the 22 in your name really refer to your IQ? :sarcastic:

I just felt sorry for sorry for the POOR Nissan sales man never selling as many cars as the Yota guys, so im just doing my bit to keep the poor buggers in business.

What is IQ ....... oh its short for IDIOTIC QUESTIONS iz finks :ha:

Last edited:
Nath,

Is there a post somewhere indicating why your wheel bearings shat themselves?

no not really Joe, i did post up the reason for the abs light but i dont really know why the bearing shat itself. I will post up a little more detail in the other thread.

was going to sign up for the 5 year deal at 2% until they told me they would only give me 15k for my 06 rx what a joke'

I would certainly agree a out getting a better deal from the country dealers. Just bought a D40 and the local dealer wanted list price (aroud $51k) and wasn't interested in haggling. Went down to Sydney and the dealers down there offered around $43-45k. The dealer in Kempsey offered me $39 and this was on road!

On the Nissan Finance, we didn't go with this because there was a balloon payment off $20k and also if we paid off the finance early the small print required we still paid all the interest. Went with our own finance instead, the interest rate was higher but no balloon and no early payment penalties.

Thats why i went with the 2% over 5yrs and i chose how much my repayments were so that determined how much of a balloon if any was at the end.

You get a free balloon with Navs now? I hope it's a hot air balloon given all the hot air D40 owners expel.

You get a free balloon with Navs now? I hope it's a hot air balloon given all the hot air D40 owners expel.

Yeah you do, BUT only at the end of your loan. They dont go given balloons out willy nilly when you pick up the ute.............

No wonder I never got a balloon.

Still with the salesmen I get down here I'd probably be offered the hot air balloon on sales day and by collection time it would have turned into a balloon of brown acid like they warned people about at Woodstock

With a bit of a motor industry finance back ground ..... my understanding of the 0% is that that it is done at a loss to the dealer,in a way, I know your thinking, yeah right, they wont do anything as a loss, but, the dealer makes their sales quota to get the manufacturer bonus, which far exceeds what they get from the interest. It all comes down to where they get their money from to finance the cars in the yard etc.
I dont know the specifics, but thats along the lines of it....
If your can, go for the 0%

I have just gone through the options at Nissan Mossvale, The 0% is only for 50% of the total amount borrowed and is only for three years.
They then have 1% over 4yrs and then 2% over five years each one you will have a balloon repayment at the end but with each one it gets lower.

Back