Nissan Finance want $15 to send a statement!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinE

Reaction score
I need to know how much interest I've paid on my Ute finance so I can claim it on my tax return (self employed). I've always had finance for the work car & each year I've just called the finance company & they've told me verbally over the phone how much interest I've paid + sent me a written statement.

This is my 1st loan with Nissan Finance; they have sent me no statements at all in the 15 months I've had the Ute & when I called them, they wanted $15 to supply one! They wouldn't even tell me the figure over the phone unless I paid $15.

Well, I know $15 isn't much, but WTF? They haven't sent me a single statement on my loan & now want $15 to supply one.

As far as I'm concerned, that is extremely poor customer service! Surely, the cost of statements is factored into the fees when they set the loan up?

I've been buying brand new Nissan Utes & they want $15 off me for a computer generated piece of paper!

Seriously not happy!

:pissedoff:

That's pretty shit.

Do they have a way that you can check statements or your account online? I'm pretty sure they would be required to offer you some way of checking statements free of charge by law.

Edit: They have a complaint resolution process detailed here. Maybe give them a call. I agree it's only a small amount, and it would be tax deductible, but it's the point.

That's pretty shit.

Do they have a way that you can check statements or your account online? I'm pretty sure they would be required to offer you some way of checking statements free of charge by law.

Edit: They have a complaint resolution process detailed here. Maybe give them a call. I agree it's only a small amount, and it would be tax deductible, but it's the point.

Hi Jason, that's what I thought, but unless I'm missing something, there isn't any way of checking my account on line.

Thanks for the link.

I think I might call into the dealership where I've been buying my cars & point out to the principle there that this $15 squeeze by Nissan Finance could end up costing him a lot more in lost revenue!

I've had to do the same every year, I was told I get one per year and will cost me to have another supplied

Thats not only un australian its fkn pathetic

There is a finance ombudsman who may be able to help

I like to make my own payments in the loan, and unless you do direct debit your charged $4.50 per payment.
So a weekly payment by me costs an extra $18 a month.

They neglected to inform me....

I need to know how much interest I've paid on my Ute finance so I can claim it on my tax return (self employed). I've always had finance for the work car & each year I've just called the finance company & they've told me verbally over the phone how much interest I've paid + sent me a written statement.

This is my 1st loan with Nissan Finance; they have sent me no statements at all in the 15 months I've had the Ute & when I called them, they wanted $15 to supply one! They wouldn't even tell me the figure over the phone unless I paid $15.

Well, I know $15 isn't much, but WTF? They haven't sent me a single statement on my loan & now want $15 to supply one.

As far as I'm concerned, that is extremely poor customer service! Surely, the cost of statements is factored into the fees when they set the loan up?

I've been buying brand new Nissan Utes & they want $15 off me for a computer generated piece of paper!

Seriously not happy!

:pissedoff:

wonder what they say if you told em you wanted $15 to send them a payment

Yep its shit. I'm glad mines paid off now so I don't have to deal with them anymore.....

Latest posts

Back