Nissan grrrrr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big J

Reaction score
Ok guys I need your help I had the engine light come on so I took my navara to Nissan worst mistake EVER made. After one day off of work and all they could say it could be the fuel pump. Now I'm not a violent person I am 6ft 6 and 110kilo and after being told that it could be the fuel pump and it will cost me $3000 and it might fix the problem I was going to stick the fuel pump where the sun don't shine. So does anyone know where I can get a motor 3L cheep in Adelaide cheers Jeremy

post the error code/s and we may be able to help out...also more info than just "the engine light came on"

from the dealer you took it to,

OBD port plugin and software(scantool or similar)

or scanguage, etc

+1 on the error code, plus some description of the symptoms. I'm not a competitor on "The One" so my crystal ball isn't quite up to par - guesswork is a bitch and too often ends up down the wrong path.

Beergutz had a fuel pump-related error code and the thing was (temporarily) solved by loosening the fuel cap. Maybe yours will do the same, depends on what's happening, how you can make yours fail - we need a lot more info.

Don't be too down on Nissan either. You took your car to them, they discovered an error code in the system, they looked up their workshop manual and the first thing it said was "replace the fuel pump". It's a recipe, it works for 90+% of problems and they're following it.

Well it happend a week ago driving with a empty trailer and then the engine light came on and I lost all power eg on a flat road only doing 50km and up a hill 5km so when I got home I just parked her in the drive way and the next morning started her up no problem drove for 30min and then the engine light came back on and lost all power. And I have tried losening the fuel cap no difference

more info...model...year..auto...man????????did you fill up recently or do any work on it.....water crossings before????
can you give us the error code???

As said up there ^^^ post what codes you have and we can help as beat we can

P7 is furl pump code. Maybe copped some bad fuel? It's showing that code cause you pump has an issue. Is the car running really bad?

Is it getting blue white smoke or just plain white? Is there any milkiness in your oil Unser your cap?
How's the radiator fluid?

All fluids are good it is a white smoke and the engine light came on at about half a tank

Old.Tony said:
It could be water in the fuel.

Could be. And if it is. It can easily affect and injector pump. If it's not dealt with immediately.

the most common pump code is timing related. often caused by blocked up fuel filter or air sucked in around one of the pipe joins or filter seals.
check the cheap easy stuff first.

I have heard of heaps of ZD's on the Patrol forum that have supposedly had rooted fuel pumps and the change of the fuel filter makes them come good again.

Latest posts

Back