nissan navar d22 2.5 turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve hay

Reaction score
Hi i have a nissan navara d22 turbo it is only 6 months old the clutch is gone and now nissan wont fix it under warranty . they tell me it is the driver. i have had the car of the rd now for 5 weeks after thay have testerd every thing thay still wont fix it ,so i got it towed to my place and have fixed it my self i replaced it with a nissan clutch that i got fron a difrent dealer now this were it gets better for all owners out there i now know the problem is . it is the thrust race from new the used the wrong one it is to big and loads the clucth up from new , the one i got to replace it with is a nissan one and it is 5mil smaller than the one that was in the car from new i have been to 4 differnt clutch dealers and thay say the same thing that the one in the car from new is to big .so i whent back to the dealer and told them what i have found the service manger told me that i am wrong ans so are the 4 other work shop are wrong this block know everthing what a wanker so after all that work i have done i have got nowere . so now i am haveing the navara all sign written warning every one about bying a nissan navara and will be parking it out the front of the dealer ship were i got it from . JOHN PAGE MOTORS CABOOLTURE QLD I WILL POST PHOTOS AS SOON AS I CAN I WILL BE DOING THIS UNTILL I GET BORED HAVE A GREAT DAY

CHEERS STEVE HAY

Not good to hear mate.

My ZD30 clutch has done over 200,000km's and still going good.

Looks like I got a good one.

No but....
I have dodgy body mounts...
A buggered steering box from new
Doors that dont align
A shagged centre bearing on the tailshaft
A heater that doesn't turn off
Front wheels that point in random directions after 16 wheel alignments
Stripped nuts on the torsion bars from factory
A diff that whines like a Holden Bog warmer......

Clutch is hanging in there though after 48 000 kms

I thought the clutch problems were in the D40/R51?

Allthough I will admit that I thought the clutch was a weak point in my D22 ZD30, it lacked any real bite or feel and I expected to end up replacing it given how much towing I do. Sold the car instead.

My 6 month old Navara had a diff that made the same noise. It turns out there was a recall on the diff oil. So they changed that in the 10,000km service and its been fine ever since.
Parramatta Nissan were actually ok and have replaced everything I have asked for. It did take them a few times to order the right part so it wasted my time a little.
Good luck with the clutch mate.

My 6 month old Navara had a diff that made the same noise. It turns out there was a recall on the diff oil. So they changed that in the 10,000km service and its been fine ever since.
Parramatta Nissan were actually ok and have replaced everything I have asked for. It did take them a few times to order the right part so it wasted my time a little.
Good luck with the clutch mate.

Back