Nissan Navara D40 Loss of power.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyhump

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new to this site so please bear with me. I have read several threads on here about the D40 loss of power issue and have tried all that i have read (i think). My friend has a 2009 D40 Navara, 129569 km on the clock, she was driving from Brissy to Roma, pulled up in Chinchilla and went to start the car and drive off and noticed it had lost all its power. She bought it round to me to have a look at it and this is what i have done. Removed and cleaned the MAF, made no difference so i swapped it with another Navara and no difference. Read on here about the suction control valve so ordered and replaced that, no difference, went back to basics and changed the fuel and air filter and reset the ECU, no difference. Removed and cleaned the EGR valve and blocked it off, no difference. I pulled the turbo outlet pipe off and to me it seems to be blowing well at higher RPM. I have checked for cracked vacuum hoses to the boost controller and all good. She took it for a drive and the DPF light came on and smoke went everywhere and she bought it back to me so we thought it may not have Regened correctly so took it down and hooked it to the scan tool and did a forced Regen on the system (75 mins of my life i will never get back to watch it do its thing) and you guessed it no difference. I then pulled the DPF filter off and found a big piece of the filter dislodged and clogging the exhaust pipe thought bingo so cut it in half and knocked the guts out of the DPF (very dirty dusty job) and welded it back together and again it made no difference. It has no MIL light on and not showing any error codes. The worst part is a mate just text me this morning and his is doing the same thing. What the hell am i not seeing guys as this is driving me nuts???

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brendan, my guess is the dpf has tricked the ecu and it is in a form of limp mode. Sadly only a dealer can clear the codes, can it be scanned for any problem?.

Hey mate,

a bloke here has a Snap on Scan tool and he checked it out and and said he could see nothing but can it see what Nissan can see??

I'm only guessing mate, from memory if the dpf throws a code a normal scan gauge is not able to clear it. Check in a few hours mate someone may have a better thought.

Is the DPF light on solid? Are you getting any Vacuum on the lines from the Vacuum pump to the Boost Control Solenoid? Is the Turbo actuator moving at all on idle, or stationary? Does it move when you rev the engine?

Having suffered through DPF, Cam Sensor, Crap Earth, Dry Joints in the ECM, Timing Chain (twice!), boost control solenoid, Suction Control Valve and finally Boost leak, I feel I have suffered most faults you'll come across!

Black Smoke, to me, suggest no Vacuum or Boost Control Solenoid not working. This will then clog the DPF as you'll be CHUGGING SOOT...

Hey guys,

I have sorted this, it was the Boost control solenoid, near drove me round the bend but swapped it with a mates and its now running sweet again.

Thanks

Brendan

Latest posts

Back