Nissan or Safari Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOZ69R

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just doing some research in readiness for my new purchase of a D22 within the next month or so.

I have got some quotes from Nissan and a local 4WD shop for snorkels with only being about $30 difference between the two genuine & Safari.

So my question is which is the better choice?

Cheers

I've had the Nissan snorkel fitted onto a '10 D22 ST-R and have been completely happy with it. Looks a little lower profile than the Safari as far as I can tell and it seems to be doing the job. I also checked pretty thoroughly on the install and it seems to have been installed pretty well too.

Jase

I went the safari, can rotate the intake for snow driving and water crossings where large splashes may get up near the intake. You can also get pre filters to go inside the top or over the front of safari snorkels which are good for dusty convoy trips. I just think the safari is a better thought through and backed up product then the nissan (airtek) snorkel.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick responses.

Does $490 sound okay for the Safari?. Have seen somewhere around $450 but when you include postage its not much cheaper.

Cheers

PS I might be able to knockem down a bit as I'll be buying 2 Mum & Dad have just brought a 04 D22 too.

If you are buying a D22 with dual batteries, make sure the Safari one will fit as some don't.

Just be carefull if your buying a New d22 as they come with dual batteries and the safari snorkels dont fit the D22 with a dual battery.

Correct Navara09, d22 safari snorkels do not work with dual battery systems, i went the Nissan airtek one for $420 and the cheapest quote i got for the safari was $540

Just looked on the safari website and they don't have a snorkel for the 2.5 D22 with twin starting batteries.

Just a slight hijack on this thread - what do people think is a reasonable install cost for a snorkel?

Jase

At a guess, I'd say 2 or 3 hours labour (approx 200 dollars?)- but some places may be able to do it quicker and cheaper.

Nissan charged me $250. to fit and i think 350 for supply. i thought that was fair. Afew guys have done self install, and if you have the courage and experience with a hole saw, it would be the way to go. But I wasn't going near mine with a hole saw, I think you need about 100mm, not the easiest saw to control.

Nissan charged me $250. to fit and i think 350 for supply. i thought that was fair. Afew guys have done self install, and if you have the courage and experience with a hole saw, it would be the way to go. But I wasn't going near mine with a hole saw, I think you need about 100mm, not the easiest saw to control.

I'm going to have to ring around Nissan dealers, my local one wanted $460 for snorkel & $310 to fit it.

Went to my local ARB and was quoted $490 (Safari) & $210 to fit.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back