Nissan stock availability?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I was speaking to a dealer yesterday and he reckoned that whatever stock of new nissans are in Australia right now are all they have. He said that because of the trouble in Japan, production of new cars has stopped (even if the cars arent made there, a lot of parts are he says). He reckoned there are no more on boats on their way here and they have no idea when there will be more on their way.

Salesman bullshit or fact? What do you guys reckon?

i don't think nissan has completely stopped EVERYTHING, however most of their stuff would be either shut down or rationed (power, water) it's the same with toyota, they have actually cancelled every april order and are using this month to try and catch up on march, over 10,000 cars were suppost to have arrived but havent yet even been made...... from what i can remember though, most of nissan's plants are just south of th reactor too.... so that will be a big problem for nissan, don't forget to that even if a manufacturer were to go back to work, there are all the sub manufacturers that have been affected too, this backlog is something we will be seeing for a while yet....

eh not so much i don't think, expect to see alot more ads on tv for genuine servicing and all that but not so much new cars, they can't really put the price up because a) alot of people already have their orders placed, and b) people will just go to another manufacturer.... holden, ford, that sort of thing, so they are kinda stuck with what they can and can't get away with

According to reports out of Japan the Nissan spare parts plant opened nearly two weeks to the day after the Earthquake but it was going to take them a number of months to clear the back log. They claimed they were up and running but no where near capacity. Toyota on the other hand as of last week reported that they still haven't opened all their plants and they wont be supplying cars to many countries for a while yet as even their Japanese holding yards were also destroyed. So to pinch a term from Mythbusters I'd say Plausible.

I put a deposit on a V6Diesel a few weeks back and was told september due to the earthquake, I hope to dear god thats right and I don't end up waiting for months!

I am having the same trouble at work with getting parts from anywhere in Japan. They have many different factories making lots of different parts for the same component so if one parts warehouse isnt working it stuffs up the rest of the chain, so yes it may be true as most of the Nissan parts are made in Japan but the car is assembled elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back