Nissans at work

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol good one, did it once before with a tractor and one of australias best built 180sx drift cars after an accident at oran park, got it straight enough to compete and get second in the event

I love the idea, something i'd probably try, but i still wouldn't like to be buying it if that had happened.

Mitch

If the measurements are done correctly. It should be fine.

I have seen my brother straightening chassis, skirts ect at work and they chain down the opposite end and pull chassis's straight etc.

We use the same principals for straighten gates, crushes and stupidly enough the scarifier which shouldn't need straightening but some one keeps forgetting they are towing it when going through gates.

It's my understanding that panel beaters use a similar principal just with more winches and clamp points. True?

It's my understanding that panel beaters use a similar principal just with more winches and clamp points. True?

Yep, and it probably costs the same as the two vehicles used.
The idea is that if they know how it was crumpled, then they can apply the reverse and straighten it out.

I remember straigthening a LH Torana with a block and tackle back in the good old days when cars were made of more rudimentary (manly) stuff like steel.
Next door neighbours little Bro had lost it on an off camber corner in Bayswater, then got sideways and accelerated. They hit a gutter and through a fence into a big brick BBQ which exploded across the guys back yard. He bent the front of the Torana 10 inches from straight, pretty much right at the windscreen line.
Off with the panels, up against our brick garage, out with Grandpas chain block, five minutes later, straight car. Today it would be a write-off.
In a side note on Holdens early adoption of passenger safety initiatives, when they hit the gutter, both sunvisors instantly dropped down thus saving his and his mates noggins when they slammed the visors with their heads at the moment of BBQ impact.

Latest posts

Back