No central locking and acc staying on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt87

Reaction score
Lads

Went for a run on the weekend and happened to travel through some water.

Now I have Elec issues.
Firstly lost tail lights and dash illumination. Replaced fuse and all good. Now I have no central locking and radio stays on along with cigarette lighter.

I was winching a lot and putting it under heavy load which maybe dragged voltage right down. When I was winching I noticed the radio turned off and then back on.

Any ideas where to start ?????

I can still lock with the push button on dash and using the key manually to get in from the outside.

I'm thinking the ignition switch itself has developed a mechanical fault. That's the device that isolates the car's power. Central locking with the keyfob won't work unless the ignition is in the "OFF" position. In "ACC" or "ON" the BCM won't respond to the key.

Worst case (and any good bush mechanic will tell you to do this) you could get a decent-amperage switch (say 20A) and put it in line with the ignition switch's input. This will also serve as a kill switch - so if a stranger comes along and wants to steal the car, even if he has the key, he's going to have trouble with it.

Best case - a quick clean of the ignition switch fixes it. You might consider replacing the switch (swapping the key section over) if you do determine that the switch is faulty.

I think I have gremlins under the dash

As u said tony could have been a mech failure in the barrel not shutting a acc off. I've just jumped in and started the Nav and it seems to have come good. Stop and started about 10 times.

What's a good product to clean the barrel with?

Not knowing what's actually inside the barrel makes the answer difficult. If there's grease in there already, you'd have to make sure there are no contaminants in the grease and then fill it again. If it's dry (graphite powder) you'd use electrical contact cleaner, let it dry properly (an hour, say) and use some more graphite powder.

Hopefully someone who's opened one can help.

Latest posts

Back