No power to indicator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujibelly

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know where abouts the trailer socket wiring diagram is in the D22 manual? I can't seem to find it.

I have no power to LH/RH indicator terminals of the factory trailer socket as of today, it was working till last week when I towed a car.

The car indicators work, stop lamps and lights. I traced back the loom from the socket but it seems to connect into the main loom and into a module.

No fuses are blown, flasher relay ticks.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Try it with another trailer first, or get a test light and stick it in the back and see if it lights up, if it lights up its the trailer, if not its probably a broken wire somewhere.

These are two trailers that I've been using for some time trailers check out OK, as I used then last week.

These are two trailers that I've been using for some time trailers check out OK, as I used then last week.

Yea so in that case you will need to get a test light out and test the connector plugs in the navara. Turn indicator on and test all the holes, unless you know which one is the indicator. If nothing lights up then its a dodgey wire somewhere, or plug.

No I've already checked with a multi meter and both left and right indicators have no power as stated earlier on the navara.

No I've already checked with a multi meter and both left and right indicators have no power as stated earlier on the navara.

Well then im stumped. Theres not much else that can go wrong with a trailer connector, as far as i know. Its either the plug, a broken wire, a bad connection, or the trailer has one of the following. Maybe someone else may have more of an idea. They shouldnt have fuses because it run's off the fuse for the indicator of the car. All you are doing is pigybacking the signal by means of a connector clamp.

Yeah that's what I thought, it's really annoying. Hope someone else can shed some light.

Thanks for your input buddy.

Has it got a tub or a tray on it? As far as I know the factory trailer loom has a plug that plugs into the tail .light loom. If it has just been spliced into the tail light loom it might have developed a dodgy connection. Can you open the trailer plug up and check the actual wires inside the plug to see if the have power? If not, can you see the actual connector that attaches to the loom and check for power there? If you have done All that and there's still no power at the plug it might be worth just rewiring the whole thing and soldering the joins

It's tub, I've tried all that. I have no power to trailer loom indicators but the car indicators work normally. The rest for example brakes etc have power at the car.

Latest posts

Back