Noise from rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbuist

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive started to notice a heavy vibration/clunking noise in the rear at very low speeds when turning slightly in my 2008 Navara D22.

Basically if i slowly roll down a slope with no brakes on i get a vibration and clunking noise in the rear. Its not constant but comes in and out while rolling. It doesnt happen when rolling in a straight line and I get the same noise when reversing.

After rolling forward and engaging reverse I get a louder clunk noise then its fine for a couple a metres then comes back.

Any ideas of what it may be?

Thanks

had a service recently?
we had the same thing and it was mechanics putting non-lsd oil into the lsd diff.

Last service was just before xmas.
I must admit ive only noticed it after doing some creek crossings last weekend.

Thanks for the input tweak'e, ill change the diff oil asap and let everyone know how i go.

Do you have a rear diff breather may be bit of water went into it. Maybe drain the diff to see if there is water

It could be sticking brake shoes, but if there was any "mostly water" debris in there, applying the brakes should clean it out. If you went through mud, that's another story - the rear brake drums are known for filling up.

I'd be looking at the diff, check the oil for water.

So just a bit of an update for everyone.

Changed my diff oil and now its smooth as silk with no noises.

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back