nolan brook, cape york

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately not. This was a 120 series with all the fruit and camper trailer. Got about half way across and thetrailer just became and anchor.

Clearly didn't think, considering there was a guy in the water already they should have known how deep it was. Good luck to them.

2 classic mistakes with that prado crossing
1; No car Bra, bow waves are your friend, follow them
2; Be prepared, have your strap attached before you attempt to cross

as the others have said its all common sense and being prepared
if the strap was pre attached that prado would have got out a lot quicker
have a safe and enjoyable trip
cheers

Last edited:
I leave in about three weeks and plan on doing the whole OTT, also plan on bringing the D40 home in one peice. i am leaving the Trailer at home. new tyres go on just before i go, a mate with a big GU is travelling with us. Palm creek and Nolans are my main concerns, but i am very excited.......cant wait :)

Looks like you have set it up well. The rear standard bar is probably what will suffer, have you thought about ARB or TJM for more clearance and protection?.

i have been thinking that too as well as a pair of sliders, but running out of favours with the missus, so i am taking the plastic side steps off before i go and i may have a reason to buy a new bar when i get back, i will just have to remember to pack lots of zip ties .

Just got back from the cape 3 days ago.
I was in my D40 with 3 jeeps. All the jeeps sunk, I was the only one to get through.
I think the weight of the D40 helped me as well as the rear locker

hahah hey Lloyd, I was at nolans in the d22 the day you and the jeeps came through, we are still laughing about that lot, funny blokes!!

now about nolans, as has been said WALK IT, also a little speed and second low should see you go through it without to much drama, this is what i did. another big thing is dont panic and smash the accelorator and did holes, if you stop, stop driving and get towed out. when you dig holes the water goes from 900mm to 1200mm deep.

cheers
bryan

I crossed Nolans today. 15psi all round, 1st low and a steady right foot saw me across without incident. Now chilling in Seisia waiting for a new alternator, thinking to much load on the electrical system killed the little 60 amp unit.

Us group of us are leaving rocky on the 13th sept to the cape, 6 vehicles 4 trailers, we will be doing the OTT hopefully.
Cheers

anyone going up that we can tag along with, we are not leaving bris until the 17th.
both patrols we were going with have pulled out, first one about 3 weeks ago and the other mate just told me tonight. told them they are soft.
bit nervous about going up solo. but i am still going just may not be as adventurous.

just go, we met up with some people that met up and did the OTT together, went to the tip then went there own way, you will fin someone to do it with!

Yea just go. We went at the very start of the season, was still heaps of people, and you end up cris crossing paths with people. Obviously depends on the people but we found a great friendly atmosphere all the way up.

We met an older couple along the tracks a few times and they ended up tagging along with us for a day while we did some of the "harder" river crossings.

Latest posts

Back