Not happy with new d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SLR7000, tell your Nissan dealer there is a jet liner flying in from Thailand this week and you want your name on the top of the list, you might get a new diff by next week.

My Nissan dealer here in Brisbane has managed to source one off this shipment, which they are expecting into Melbourne today, and Brisbane sometime next week. Just don't steal my diff!!! Lol

I have posted my letter to Nissan today. I was very amicable and reasonable, let's hope they are the same. I gave the details of the issue and how it has unfolded, and requested them to provide pro-rata reimbursement for the repayments I have made during which time the vehicle was made unavailable to me. I said if they cannot provide me with a cash reimbursement, I will accept a bull bar or tow bar as a show of good will. In my experience, if you behave reasonably, factually and firmly, generally you will get a reasonable outcome.

Last edited:
5 weeks and counting, still no arrival of a new LSD at the Nissan dealership. I think it's appropriate to say that I am starting to get pretty peeved now, what with 5 weeks without my car and all.... I'm moving house next week, I have booked a moving trailer, and the following weekend I have booked and paid for a trip to Moreton Island. If my car isn't back by then I will be fucking spewing.

This Triton rental car is such a peice of shit I don't think it could even tow a trailer without falling apart. I hate to sound like a whinger, but I think it's warranted.

SLR7000 how are you travelling/not travelling with your LSD?

Got my ute back on Wednesday, a grand total of 6 weeks. To get a diff.

I just hope the reason why it took so long is because Nissan put some serious engineering efforts into rectifying the problem and ensuring it's effectiveness, and NOT because there are so many blown diffs that it took them that long to get rid of the back orders, and are supplying the same shitty diffs still....

Time will tell...

BTW, Metro Nissan @ Windsor QLD were quite helpful and seemed to do just about everything they could to help me (or they did a very convincing job of B.S.ing me). Apparently Nissan Mo Co were saying June, but Metro kicked up a stink and got me put to the top of the list. Now I don't know how true that is, but I guess I'll have to take their word for it.

Good news that you've got your truck back.

I've had a service done at Metro Nissan, I was quite happy with them as well.

Got my navara back today, done 100 odd kays and everything feels good. Goldfieilds Nissan in Kalgoorlie was really good, even gave it a bath, as they should too! Spoke to the service manager, he said there is currently 2 in their workshop for the same problem with same kays, i dont know if he was bs'in me or not but he said it was the backlash on the lsd was overtight and was causing the problem. In all im just glad to have her back!
Cheers for your support everyone
Ben

I was reading the other day that the Thai built D22 runs the C200K rear diff. Slightly different to the C200 used in the other D22's.

Dave.

Office of Fair trading told me that while your vehicle is in he workshops your warranty essentially go on hold.Makes sense , how can they class the time in their workshops as your warranty time.
Nissan customer care is a joke.
I am heading to the Office of Fair Trading Tribunal next month because of the crap service I got from Nissan. Dont let them get away with squat.
Dealerships can be good or bad but head office is a pain and will try and rip you blind at every turn

Wires and SLR7000.
Aside from you both do you know of any similar cases?
Did you guys get some sort of documentation from Nissan stating the problem or anything in regards to the warranty claims?
Mine has had a constant whine in it from new but has gotten worse over the last 10,000kms. I put it down to the fact that early on in the piece I filled it with water from a broken diff breather nipple. But I have changed the oil 3 times in total since then and it still persists.
Also noted that the rear tyres exhibit tyre wear as if they are over inflated ie: worn in the centre. Have always run them at 35psi though and this would indicated that the LSD in mine is overtight as well.
It will go in for a service next week or week after and I will ask that it be inspected. Hard to hear the whine now though over the tyres.

Aido

No documentation unfortunately. I am waiting on Nissan's reply to my scathing letter. Usually takes a month to get a reply. I am pushing for a free extended warranty and it definately has to include the full drivetrain in the extended warranty.

The one dealership in Brisbane who fixed mine had 5 cases just in their workshop. It appears to be a widespread problem amongst all thai built D22's. If I were you I would go in and get a new diff. Fingers crossed the issue has been sorted to a point where the parts are readily available and your vehicle should only need to be in the workshop for a couple of days or so.

BTW, has anyone else who's D22 has been given a new diff, have you got under and had a look? it looks to me as though the rear diff housing is different to what came standard, perhaps it is a completely different diff now?

Last edited:
That brisbane dealership would be????
I want ammunition and I want facts. If it is inspected and deemed to be "fine" then I want to be sure that it will make 100'00kms which is when I piss it off and when the warranty runs out. (apologies once again to the sorry sap that fronts up here next year proudly proclaiming to have bought this vehicle when I flog it off)
Would be interesting to see what the internal memo's have to say about the c200k diff and how they are dealing with it internally.
Mine was one of the first to roll off the Thai production line and delivered to OZ. It would seem they were just practising at that point and as I have stated to the dealership I am now going through I would be happy to hand it back and collect a new one to evaluate how they are getting on!

Back