NOW AVALIABLE for D40. COILOVERS!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1424718682341.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424718709529.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424718716751.jpg

You would seriously need to consider fitting a diff drop kit if you where going to be setting these at anything over 2 inches. I imagine the CV angle would become quite sharp causing easy breakages. Does anyone do a diff drop kit other than the Calmini/snake racing sub frame drop kit??

my mate spoke to them ealier and he orederd them ill let use know how it goes they said u dont need a diff drop

You would seriously need to consider fitting a diff drop kit if you where going to be setting these at anything over 2 inches. I imagine the CV angle would become quite sharp causing easy breakages. Does anyone do a diff drop kit other than the Calmini/snake racing sub frame drop kit??
Your 100% right mate.
And common sense would say get a doff drop. But! That's the latest superhero power so most will just crank them up!!

Haha yep wind them up and hope for the best. Ive just replaced my adjustable front coilovers in my new Hilux because of a similar reason. I had a diff drop kit installed and when the coilovers where set to 4 inches, the CV angle was pretty bad. It didn't help that the coilovers had 11 inches of travel so when they where at full droop the CV angle looked horrifying, only took one trip up monkey gum fire trail for me to break a CV in a 10,000k old car. Ive since swapped the coilovers for another brand giving me 100% more piece of mind. Id deffinetly be investigating a diff drop kit before winding these up past 2 inches.

Hi guys

Let me introduces myself first, my name is Jacques and I am from South Africa. I did a 4 inch lift, which I manufactured myself to my D40 and 100000 Km's later my C.V's still fine and that is without a Diffdrop. The Navara's C.V's are capable to handle the angle of such lifts, anything over that becomes an issue. Furthermore, I honestly do not see the meaning of a Diffdrop to increase hight, because it does not increase ground clearance and to my mind that is the whole reason for increasing your vehicles hight.

Regards

Jacques

With a lower diff you get stronger cvs. Not saying you will brake your cvs but it's something I would rather have then 100mm extra under your frond diff. You end up with similar clearness to the back diff.

You still gain ramp over and approach and departure angles of a normal lift that are more valuable then just under diff clearance.

Deep rutts would be the only thing holding you back but your rear diff will still be digging holes. I have got 33s on mine and I only have 240mm or so under the rear diff. Even with my calmini kit wound down the front sits about 220. Mind you it's only set at 3 inches at the moment.

Only way to get more rear diff clearance is bigger tyres.

hmmm I did get the Ironman Foam Cell Pros not too long ago but these do like nice and I like the ability to wind them up alittle to most likely the 4" mark :)

Anyone recommend a good 4x4 suspension shop in Melbourne or Melbourne West that will do these plus maybe UCAs?

Last edited:
Back