NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that the price wasnt my issue, but it was lol. I had to fit it into a car allowance. Still happy with the RX dont get me wrong.

Yea I just couldn't settle for anything but the Twin Turbo. Absolutely loving it too, great engine.

I warning light for 177kms remaining 😑

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449611075.168790.jpg

anyone else here running the RX??
I am.

I needed something to replace my aging and overworked 2003 xtrail. I spent a week tossing up between the RX and the ST and given I tow maybe 4 times a year and even then no more than 1.5-2t and only around town I couldn't justify the price difference. Plus I sense my license wouldn't have lasted long in an ST.:rolleyes:

Thought I'd bump this thread back up. How are people's NP300's going? Noticed theres a couple of 2015 ST-X on carsales going for $47k Drive Away! Been thinking of that or the Ranger, but you're paying $60k+ to get into the equivalent Wildtrak with less goodies than the Navara.

I've had both the Ranger and now the Navara. The tech in the Navara is way better. I prefer the Navara actually. The Gearbox in the ranger is horrible. Except the Ranger does look tougher

I've had both the Ranger and now the Navara. The tech in the Navara is way better. I prefer the Navara actually. The Gearbox in the ranger is horrible. Except the Ranger does look tougher

Good to hear! Gonna head down to my local a bit later today and see what they've got. Prefer to look around when it's closed :)

hey guys.....new to this forum and been reading abit and thought id share, just bought a new np300 rx 4x4 last week just waiting on delivery and it can't come bloody quicker just want to get in the thing and drive it.

268a723ca62c67a4bfe33cc511b5a478.jpg
best figures I've seen on the computer! Interested to see how it performs over this fill. Have now taken the Nav camping a second time. Seriously can't fault this vehicle so far. Coming from a Mitsi Verada and a Ford Territory (still owned) it handles perfectly fine on the road, carries a load much better than the territory whilst consuming less fuel. Carries the wife and three kids in comfort as well as all the gear. Can't vouch off road, but from what I have read it will be more than capable for anything I throw at it.
bf497db4e2e79841487a93694a2fbc55.jpg

The digital figure does look good, unfortunately its simply not accurate. This is a known issue and Nissan are sorting out a fix in the not too distant decade.
Glad you enjoy the ute, it does the job well.

Performance off new Np 2.3 twin are unmatched as its got no lag and a much wider constant power curve. This engine are a class leading improvement in ute market and mods will make it the strongest engine on the market

one small gripe... I like the design of the tailgate, I think it looks good and is a handy place to put your drink, but when I want to put the tailgate down with my trailer on the spoiler hits the drawbar.

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Finally picked up my STX today - white in Auto.

I notice a few people have mentioned a few things in regards to the NP300's fuel economy, shift patterns, missing digital features (external temp etc)...so thought i would add my few bob along with the crowd on some hopefully interesting information for you!

So - I was lucky enough 3 years ago to be involved with some of the NP300 development program locally. I will make some of my points short and sweet but happy to elaborate on them later in other threads where appropriate! My company is also developing some hardware replacement products to increase output and efficiency.

• Digital Temp is availabe on STX and SOME ST models - harness dependant - software already recognises the data channel.
  • STX units receive thicker amounts of sound deadening in the carpets and firewall segments. SOME ST units also receive this but it is production plant and date dependant.
  • Economy can sometimes be poor due to the stupid ADR run cycle. When we were programming the transmission for units DA8-12 we were limited in what load shift matrix we could use. I still have the earlier shift maps and load matrix which bring fuel economy down to near 5.2ltr open and 8 on urban usage, unfortunately flashing these will void warranty.
  • Keep an eye out for pre start and remote run down functions in V2 when ADR allows this. You can already purcahse the kit and program the BCM from Nissan using JDM or N-USA trigger modules. STX doesnt require the box just a software change. Our key fobs in STX support this function.
  • There is roughly 30-40KW more power available on tap from hardware changes alone for this generation currently. Nissan's rated output long term for this engine is 180KW in Euro markets when the engine is fitted in transporters and vehicles over 3T. Have a close look at the charge link pipe and notice the flat section and awkward bend - this was because the engine is designed for small Renault transport vans and Nissan wont be redeveloping the engine further until late 2017 for update in 2018.

Hope everyone is enjoying their D23's. Going to be a successful car over the next few years, hopefully knocks toyota's socks off. These cars are way more comfortable to drive than a ranger also :love sign:

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Finally picked up my STX today - white in Auto.

I notice a few people have mentioned a few things in regards to the NP300's fuel economy, shift patterns, missing digital features (external temp etc)...so thought i would add my few bob along with the crowd on some hopefully interesting information for you!

So - I was lucky enough 3 years ago to be involved with some of the NP300 development program locally. I will make some of my points short and sweet but happy to elaborate on them later in other threads where appropriate! My company is also developing some hardware replacement products to increase output and efficiency.

• Digital Temp is availabe on STX and SOME ST models - harness dependant - software already recognises the data channel.
  • STX units receive thicker amounts of sound deadening in the carpets and firewall segments. SOME ST units also receive this but it is production plant and date dependant.
  • Economy can sometimes be poor due to the stupid ADR run cycle. When we were programming the transmission for units DA8-12 we were limited in what load shift matrix we could use. I still have the earlier shift maps and load matrix which bring fuel economy down to near 5.2ltr open and 8 on urban usage, unfortunately flashing these will void warranty.
  • Keep an eye out for pre start and remote run down functions in V2 when ADR allows this. You can already purcahse the kit and program the BCM from Nissan using JDM or N-USA trigger modules. STX doesnt require the box just a software change. Our key fobs in STX support this function.
  • There is roughly 30-40KW more power available on tap from hardware changes alone for this generation currently. Nissan's rated output long term for this engine is 180KW in Euro markets when the engine is fitted in transporters and vehicles over 3T. Have a close look at the charge link pipe and notice the flat section and awkward bend - this was because the engine is designed for small Renault transport vans and Nissan wont be redeveloping the engine further until late 2017 for update in 2018.

Hope everyone is enjoying their D23's. Going to be a successful car over the next few years, hopefully knocks toyota's socks off. These cars are way more comfortable to drive than a ranger also :love sign:

Think i got what your saying. When ADR's allow remote start? This is already available on Jeep Grand Cherokee and other vehicles, I believe the holden Statesman also has it as standard. So why would we be waiting for ADR's?

If the software already recognises the temp then why when you plug in a temp sender unit and reset the dash and/or stereo why does it not turn on. (that's how you did it in the early D40's)

Would also be interested in knowing how to reprogram the transmission sift matrix (if I knew what I was doing lol) cause I think the factory setup is nowhere near right in the auto and even using it in manual mode it's self down changing from 7 to 6 when it doesn't need to can be annoying.

Latest posts

Back