NSW Nav meet.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out there still mud in nundle forest yay!! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 74
Yeah I saw it but when it's in comparison to a standard tub there it looks good

We won't be taking our dog. It's not that I think she's particularly vicious - she even gets scared hunting for her own dried kibble - but I don't want her to have any impact on any OTHER dog. I also don't want to be picking ticks off her - we are staying at Sheba Dam, after all, and wandering through muddy tracks that only God knows how many wild animals have trekked through.

I'm uming and aring about putting the tub back on, pain in the ass gettin my bike on there with the tray

How do you get to Sheeba dam ?

ATM, distant possibility for coming up Friday afternoon. I'm having root canal Friday morning, so it will be up to The Boss being happy with driving the whole way and me being spaced out (at one stage, touching my teeth required gas and copious needles, but recently it has been nothing required, but it depends on the tooth).

Now what would be really really nice if Bendan from Ultimate came back with that suspension upgrade quote so we could get the ducks disease fixed in the Nav before then.

I don't think this was answered?

Here's a link to a Google map of the dam, basically you get to Nundle (just south-east of Tamworth) and head down Nundle Rd which becomes Barry Rd. You'll see the camp area on the left (east) side of the road. Pit toilets are near the road, there are camp spots all around.

Hope the surgery goes well.

Hey fellas would be keen as to tag along with you blokes don't really see to many d22s on the tracks.. Got a mate with a terrano who would be keen aswell to come along for a play

You're more than welcome, so's the Terrano. Can't be worse than bringing a Toymotor along like we had last time.

Just so everyone is completely aware, there are limited facilities at Sheba Dam:

* NO power. We'll have a generator with us just in case it's absolutely necessary but we'd prefer not to create the noise unless we have to.

* NO drinking water. Yes, it's a dam, but it's unfiltered water. Bring your own, or be prepared to boil it.

* A total fire ban will prevent us from having campfires. We WILL be responsible for any bushfire that we create. Let's not.

* There are PIT toilets available. They're tidy, but if the smell bothers you, take a hanky with a little cologne sprayed on it. TAKE TOILET PAPER.

* Take insect repellant. It's a forest.

* Prepare your dog in advance with tick & flea stuff. Prevention is better than cure. Dogs should also be kept on leads - there are signs advising us to do this - and the last thing we want is either a ranger giving us a fine, or an incident occurring with a provoked dog doing some damage.

The tracks will generally be mild but there will be at least a couple of us with recovery gear in case things go wrong. If we are recovering a vehicle, there will be one person coordinating that (possibly me) and one person doing the recovery (probably Sparra because his D22 can do it). Follow the directions of the recovery team and keep clear - this is a personal safety thing.

Take a video camera if you want footage. Have a passenger hold on to it. We'll pass the footage around later on.

If we keep the outing pleasant like the last time, we'll all be much more eager to do it again!

Attending:
LLadnar
Spara
Toyota Dave
Old Tony
Dave
Scooba
Glenstr
FatBoy + Nav
Boots89 + 1

Maybe's
Nevyn
Cyc10n (baby?)
Jafo
Jason.R
B J Nav

Well ummm.. Due to a unexpected loss of employment, we might not be able too attend.
That would be bloody right, my turn to run a trip, get heaps of people coming and now probably can't go myself.

Ouch.

BIL had a similar experience in early December, but by month's end they had reversed the cull as the "kept on's" both left.

Anyway, good luck with future employment.

It's raining up here at the moment so will be nice and slippery for the trip, gotta love the mud bogs haha

The rain should make it a fun Saturday
Bout time old tony got his rig dirty
Remember the gumboots tony

Makes it fun when we hit the bogs in 2wd and see how far we can get lol, need a decent run up thou

I wonder if brads keen for a 2wd challenge
He won the last one but it cost him a nasty dint on his bullbar
Shouldn't be a problem for old tony as I don't think he knows where the 4wd switch is:ha:

My car has a 4WD switch? I must go looking for that. Must be hidden under the tub near the spare tyre.

Bad new about the job, Brad - especially with the new wheels here and the other upcoming event. Hope you get another one soon!

Here's a serious question: if it rains too much with this ex-cyclone bearing down on us, the hairy tracks you guys did last time will become downright dangerous, and the mild stuff we were on (like that steep hill that I reversed back up because it went nowhere) will become very hairy. I think we should see how things are on the day and take it easy.

And take the wellies.

Back