Nulon oil engine treatment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zasq

Reaction score
Hi what do you think about the nulon additive, I have slight rattle for 5 sec on startup, always service at nissan only 20,00kms on the clock, should I use it or not?

I might just change the oil to Valvoline Durablend 10w-40 they used penrite 5w-40, I think its little to thin for my manual ute, it never made the sound before the second service.

Mate if you have the 2.5l d22 the rattle is from the filter not the engine or oil. Check they have used a genuine filter and if the have maybe change it again. I had a ryco filter in and it rattled on start up cause the non return valve in the filter is in the wrong side. The genuine filters are designed to be held upright like the way it sits on our motors. I use genuine filter and 5w-30/40 semi or fully syn every 5000kms and have never had a drama since. The 10w-40 is to heavy in my opinion for these motors.

Rusty

Mate if you have the 2.5l d22 the rattle is from the filter not the engine or oil. Check they have used a genuine filter and if the have maybe change it again. I had a ryco filter in and it rattled on start up cause the non return valve in the filter is in the wrong side. The genuine filters are designed to be held upright like the way it sits on our motors. I use genuine filter and 5w-30/40 semi or fully syn every 5000kms and have never had a drama since. The 10w-40 is to heavy in my opinion for these motors.

Rusty
+1 on that.
I had exactley the same problem with a diesel Rodeo where the oil filter has the same orrientation. The non return valve should be at the screw on end.
With the engine oil- the lighter/lower viscosity oil should be fine. The lighter oil should flow faster on a cold start and if anything obtain oil pressure just as fast or even faster than the heavier grade.
I have nothing against Nulon products but wouldn't go there yet. Your engine is only a baby.

hey Tappet i have still the same problem all been changed to spec ie nissan filter, and even bought the oil from nissan and still does the rattle till the oil light goes out..

cheers Kev
D40 Nav

Latest posts

Back