Odd Things To Put On Your Roof & The Law

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Today I put a 100mm pipe on the roof (4m long) so I can carry some of the long and bendy stuff I need to bring up to the house here, including thin pieces of timber and aluminium (to make my own garden gauge railway track among other things).

I have a piece of this pipe left over. It's about half the size of an AGM-114 Hellfire or Malkara and about 2/3 the size of a PARS 3 LR anti-tank missile or BGM-71 TOW.

Now my PERSONAL preference is the AGM Hellfire - it has smaller fins and wouldn't look like I was trying to make TOO much of a statement (unlike the Malkara, sweet Jesus that's crazy big), but I'd manufacture the tail end and the head as screw-on caps so that I could actually store things in it ... paint it khaki and on the side I'd have yellow bands and I wonder how many military people will try to stop me ...

What about the legality of driving a vehicle around with what APPEARS to be a launchable weapon fitted with high explosives (that's what the yellow band means)? Anyone know, before I actually start?

So, anyone wanna take a stab at how far I'd get to drive before being asked to remove it? Could it be something that I could market? What if I changed to a light blue stripe (training/drill warhead)?

i reckon you should also go to a truck shop and get a pair of dangerous goods "explosives" stickers and put one on the bullbar and one on the rear bar and you'll be fine, hahahahahahaahah

in all seriousness, i'm not sure how much trouble you'd get into given the squareness of the ends of pvc pipe... i guess it depends on the mood of the person if you get pulled over

i reckon you should also go to a truck shop and get a pair of dangerous goods "explosives" stickers and put one on the bullbar and one on the rear bar and you'll be fine, hahahahahahaahah

in all seriousness, i'm not sure how much trouble you'd get into given the squareness of the ends of pvc pipe... i guess it depends on the mood of the person if you get pulled over

They wouldn't be square by the time I was finished. It'd have a scale nose cone as the front cap, and a fair replica of a rocket exhaust as the tail cap.

fair enough, i reckon go for it and see what happens. after all, you can't exactly launch it off the side like the real thing hahahahaha

I dunno Tony, but I'd be keen to see the results after ya pull up at a set of lights with the coppers right near ya!! Hahaha. Very interesting, I wonder if they pull ya in for questioning on your Islamic beliefs(jokes mate).
I don't reckon it would be a good thing as they'll probably tell you to remove it.
Imagine if it kicked off and heaps of blokes started following your example...
Before ya knew it a real one might be running around up on some misrable anti lifestylists ute heading for newmans office... Not that it would be a bad thing in my opinion. Or better yet Abbots. Hahaha.
Anyone else willing to try it. I'm not so keen.
??

I thought about the crowd issue, and how one day someone might make it a real one ... I wonder if having 10,000 utes with "Hellfire" tubes on their roof would constitute as a precedent, or as a good reason to take the lot of us off the road on the grounds of insanity?

Besides that. Your like a walking encyclopedia on nav's,
Someone will need your help like I have.
Just don't get locked up or well have to band together on a run through the city as a protest!

If they put me in a little rubber room ... do they have internet access in those?

Don't know about that mate - but at least you could sell more 'rockets' to raise money for your legal defense. I'd buy one!

I'm working at enoggera army barracks at the moment. If ya let me borrow one, ( not sure if you'll get it back), I'll let ya know. If I'm not back on the forum in a week. Ya lost ya tube. And I'm in prison awaiting trial on act of terrorism... Lol.
Nah, you you can try.

Old Tony, if it can work on a Mx-5, it should work on a Navara. :cheers!:

44-Eyesore-Racing-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Themes-626x426.jpg

can I come on this adventure please tony
ile grow a long beard and wear a towel
we could have heaps of fun and stuff

Last edited:
Unfortunately the government don't find these things funny.

Attachments

• missile-balloons-for-your-car-xl.jpg
    missile-balloons-for-your-car-xl.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 70
I cant see it being an issue, as long as it dosent have any sharp edges or protrusion that could cause bodily harm to pedestrians( thats how the rules read) and its securely attatched. It not really any different to what most plumbers and builders have, only ist exterior apperance, and colour. You will probably get pulled over out of curiosity more than once.
Do it.

I do believe that construction will begin the weekend after the Meryla State Forest run. Have to fit it into house work (as in tiling, flooring, insulation, plumbing, plastering and changes to the electricals which are a disaster - stick your mop and bucket) but I'll get the bits together and have me some fun!

Oh I'm sure I'm going to bear the brunt of some law enforcement officials who've had a really, really bad day.

But then if it ends up looking REALLY good, I might mount several model rocket engines in the bottom and make it fly for real. I'd have to measure it to be sure, but it's somewhere around 1.7m long at the moment, without end caps - one of which will become the nose cone, so it should be about 1.8m+nose so say 2m or a little over.

I know for sure I'd be arrested really quickly if I sat on Northbourne Ave with the car facing "that hill".

Mate I had a hell of a laugh when I read your original post. I'd love to see you do it. In fact i can't wait for pics.

Personally I think you will be ok. Sure you could get pulled over but when they have a real close look if the cop is any sort of reasonable person he/she should get a laugh themselves, if they don't they really are sad barstards but there is noting they can charge you with.

A nice original idea.

You could use it as a water tank. just ask the copper to remove the end and have a look watch him take a shower and freshen up.

Latest posts

Back