Odometer reading

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnrsnav

Reaction score
Hey people, just ran a quick test. I have upgraded my rubber from standard size to 32" cooper st maxx.
This has obviously put my speedo and odometer out.

Speedo has gone from 7kph out to reading smack on, but my odometer has gone the other direction.
Got the old VMS gps out and went for a drive.
When the car odometer reads 1km the gps reads 1.08km, so if I'm correct in working this out if I was to do 600km on the car odometer I have actually covered 648km.

I got the 648 number by 1.08 x 600. Think that would be correct??

Actually it sounds like it would be the other way round according to your post and you are actually covering more distance than the odometer is reading.

600÷1.08=555.55

If that's right then could be a win on resale. Lol. But you'll need to keep this in mind with servicing intervals etc.

Lol. Sorry mate. All I've done is confirm your calculations in reverse. I'm dumb and should probably not post on here when I've had a few ��

Lol. Sorry mate. All I've done is confirm your calculations in reverse. I'm dumb and should probably not post on here when I've had a few ��

either way its both correct, if you actually travel 648km the odometer will read 600km or if your odometer reads 555.55 you have actually travelled 600km.

I always looked at it like this, for every 100km your odometer reads and is displayed you have actually done 108km, so then its a very easy equation to extend to 500km or 10,000km ect ect

Latest posts

Back