oil change with penrite enviro+ 0W-40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
hi guys i just changed the oil on the weekend with 0W-40 penrite enviro oil seen the D40 has the DPF, i did the filter as well which was the ryco Z89A filter, i emailed penrite to make sure that this was the correct oil and they said yes to either 0W-40 or 5W-40 they recomended seen it had the DPF - since changing 6.9ltrs with filter ... when i start it up from cold it has a clatter till the oil light goes out second ot two -- it has never done it till now - does this indicate to thinner oil being the 0W-40 ?? in the handbook it says use genuine nissan .... ok we all know nissan dont have their own oil :) ACEA C3 LOW ASH 5W-30 HTHS 3.5 ....... any thoughts be greatly appreicated :)

Cheers Kev

Mate I have the d22 with yd25 motor and have used the Enviro 5w-40 oil and have no dramas with clatter.0w oil would be just water in thickness so it will settle quicker overnight leaving nothing around the piston etc four start up lubrication. I will be going to a 5w-40 semi syn next oil change cause the fully syn is pricey but not overpriced. I'll do a price comparison when its due.

Rusty

0/w40 is a bit light
i use valvoline 10/40 semi syn 2.5 d22 18k
same as local nissan dealer
no noise issues on startup

Last edited:
I think i will be changing it tomorrow to 5W-40 i have been reading the threads on "what oils" they all say 5W-40 so i think it would be a good idea to change as soon as possible i take it that 5W-40 it a slightly heavier oil? and from what i have been reading seen the D40 with the DPF like mine has i should have the low ash etc etc

It's probably not the oil that is doing it, it's the filter.
Had this same problem with my old Rodeo. The Ryco filter had the drain back valve in the bottom of the filter, the genuine filter had the valve in the top/screw on end. The genuine filter seemed better made and heavier to.

I think i will be changing it tomorrow to 5W-40 i have been reading the threads on "what oils" they all say 5W-40 so i think it would be a good idea to change as soon as possible i take it that 5W-40 it a slightly heavier oil? and from what i have been reading seen the D40 with the DPF like mine has i should have the low ash etc etc

5W-30 or lighter full syn oil is the oil to use if you have a DPF......5w-40 is not recommended for DPF's

well thats a piont as well TAPPET i did notice it had a genuine nissan filter on it and the drain back makes sence .... might get a genuine filter :)

I only use genuine filters on the nav.

5w-40 Penrite Enviro+ oil is what is recommended for a dpf vehicle. It displays this on the penrite site and when you go to autobarn etc the penrite book for dpf specific vehicles states the .5w-40 oil is recommended for the dpf navs. It's is advance synthetic oil which is fully synthetic blend.

yeah thats right rusty ....looks like ill be going shopping after work :)

Nissan service my D40 auto and used 10w40, So i run Delo 15w40 with Nissan filters, Never have a issue nor do my mates that run it as well.

I only use genuine filters on the nav.

5w-40 Penrite Enviro+ oil is what is recommended for a dpf vehicle. It displays this on the penrite site and when you go to autobarn etc the penrite book for dpf specific vehicles states the .5w-40 oil is recommended for the dpf navs. It's is advance synthetic oil which is fully synthetic blend.

Yes Ok....must be the "Enviro+" not the standard 5W-40.

Would be interesting to see Nissan's stance on that given they state all specs including the 5W-etc needs to match not just one or two of them.

Personally I don't care I use Nulon because it's Aussie made and supporting Aussie brands means more than anything else in the entire world :sarcastic:

Would be interesting to see Nissan's stance on that given they state all specs including the 5W-etc needs to match not just one or two of them.

Nissans own brand oil for the engine is 7.5W-30 or 40 I found out once and thats not available at any shop.

7.5? sheesh considering each dealer uses a different flavour you gotta wonder just where they get it from.

I did think it was only 30 and not 40 but it;s been a long time since I looked at the book so I could no doubt be remembering wrong.

7.5? sheesh considering each dealer uses a different flavour you gotta wonder just where they get it from.

I did think it was only 30 and not 40 but it;s been a long time since I looked at the book so I could no doubt be remembering wrong.

if you pay for it, the oil Co's will make it for you.....and its nissans way of making sure they have that end covered, just like Ferrari for example would be in cohoots with Shell to make them a grade of oil for their engines specific needs...

Yeah but my local dealer uses Mobil oil, and there are others on here who say theirs uses Shell etc, now while I'm not silly enough to think "genuine oil" means Nissan oil surely they don't hit up all manufacturers and say make us an oil just because our different dealers choose different products depending on where they are located.

Latest posts

Back