oil change with penrite enviro+ 0W-40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as stated try the filter first. the comment about the reutrn valve or bleed valve or whatever you wish to call it is right. i once had a repco filter in my car and it did make tapping sounds but was right after about 10seconds. only used genuine filters since.

Anti drain back valve...... its there to supposedly stop the oil galleries from draining while the engine is not operating, most ryco filters have them and remember the 2.5CR has its filter mounted upside down,
but a hot oil will drain down to the sump somewhat through all the small clearances or quicker on a worn engine,
and these specified thin grades of oil we use in our modern HP engines will drain back quicker than the 20W-50's or the Edge 25W-50 I use in my V8 machines,
but,
these modern HP 0W & 5W grades flow much quicker at startup which is when u need lubrication, than the heavier grades will as this is when most wear occurs...and, at cold startup the thin grades are so much less strain on components such as cam driven oil pumps and distributor/cam helical gears on petrol engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but my local dealer uses Mobil oil, and there are others on here who say theirs uses Shell etc, now while I'm not silly enough to think "genuine oil" means Nissan oil surely they don't hit up all manufacturers and say make us an oil just because our different dealers choose different products depending on where they are located.

yes thats true and I dont think many (if any) use the nissan branded oil,
it sits in the dealers spare parts shop though for us to buy.

All dealers change their own recommended oil as often as the service technician changes his jocks (ask Fatboy about that). Just like every other business they go with the best deal they get offered at the time and that deal is only as good as it needs to be for the next deal to come through and better it. They obviously have to meet certain criteria but they still don;t care of the flavour as long as the numbers are right.

Given how incompetent some dealers are you gotta wonder just how they do manage that.

hi guys sorry for not getting back .... went to nissan and bought everything from there the price was bloody crazy !!! in the end got it all for trade which made a huge difference to the wallet, changed the oil and with a genuine filter and is all good ..... but wait theres more :) after doing oil and filter started up all was good -- i restarted it and bugger me an "OIL LO " message on the dash well bugger me the sump is full etc etc ... leave it for 30-40 secs and goes out with the oil light instead of the oil lights flashing .... i was scratching my head by now ..then by chance i locked then unlocked the D40 and for some crazy reason no more oil warnings !!! i might have a D40 with its own gremlin :)

hi guys sorry for not getting back .... went to nissan and bought everything from there the price was bloody crazy !!! in the end got it all for trade which made a huge difference to the wallet, changed the oil and with a genuine filter and is all good ..... but wait theres more :) after doing oil and filter started up all was good -- i restarted it and bugger me an "OIL LO " message on the dash well bugger me the sump is full etc etc ... leave it for 30-40 secs and goes out with the oil light instead of the oil lights flashing .... i was scratching my head by now ..then by chance i locked then unlocked the D40 and for some crazy reason no more oil warnings !!! i might have a D40 with its own gremlin :)

good stuff..

.tell me tho...after draining the oil, refilling and installing a new filter that no click or clacking was heard on startup??

yeah it still has the same noise on start up after the right oil and genuine filter ... didnt have it before, the issue with the OIL LO warning well lock and unloked the doors via the remote never done it again

Nissan Navara ST-X 550 – 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel – 170KW.
Nissan recommended Oil is “Low SAPS ACEA C4 5W-30 HTHS 3.2”
Penrite email -Our only recommendation for your vehicle is Enviro+ C4. As its name implies, it meets ACEA C4 rating. This is essentially a more strict version of ACEA C1 with extra restrictions imposed by Renault (so I believe). Enviro Plus C-4 is a SAE 5W-30 low SAPS oil designed for use in Renault and Samsung petrol and light duty
diesel vehicles that require oils meeting RN 0720. It is also recommended for MY2012 Nissans with the 3.0L diesel fitted with a DPF where this specification is required.

Nissan Navara ST-X 550 – 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel – 170KW.
Nissan recommended Oil is “Low SAPS ACEA C4 5W-30 HTHS 3.2”
Penrite email -Our only recommendation for your vehicle is Enviro+ C4. As its name implies, it meets ACEA C4 rating. This is essentially a more strict version of ACEA C1 with extra restrictions imposed by Renault (so I believe). Enviro Plus C-4 is a SAE 5W-30 low SAPS oil designed for use in Renault and Samsung petrol and light duty
diesel vehicles that require oils meeting RN 0720. It is also recommended for MY2012 Nissans with the 3.0L diesel fitted with a DPF where this specification is required.

You could also use...Helix Ultra Extra 5W-30 or the Castrol Edge synthetics or Nulon Syns, Mobil, etc, etc....or infact Nissan's own branded oils.
get rid of the DPF and your options quadruple

Latest posts

Back