"oil low" warning after changing oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
just changed my oil and filter and the indicator on the dash that usually says "oil good" now says "oil low". i put the exact amount of oil in that came out and checked the dip stick and indicator on the dash, was a little bit under the H mark so i put a bit more in until it came up to full, but the indicator still said oil low? so i put a bit more in and its just above the H on the dip stick but the indicator still says its low. it always said "oil good" before and the oil pressure alarm light hasn't come on so im wondering why its saying oil low? any ideas? should i be worried? cheers

I wouldn't be too worried yet. How long did you run the engine for?
You know you put the right amount in and if there is none on the floor under the ute I wouldn't be afraid to run it for a min or two just too see if it's taking it's time to hit the right spot. My D40 did it once after an oil change and it righted itself after about a minute or so.

If you like internet theories, shut the door, and bang your head on the window while reciting the holy bible...although I've only heard that working for D40's

Maybe you have a fault but if you know you put the right amount in and there is none on the ground I wouldn't be worried taking it to someone to check it out.

Did you open the drivers door with no oil in the motor?
It can trigger the low oil warning.
Disconnect the battery it'll re set it

ok problem solved, thanks heaps coogsnav it came good after doin what u said to, cheers

Back