Oil Pressure Problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micksnavara

Reaction score
Good Afternoon all,

Ok I have a D22 ZD30 with a oil pressure light problem.

On start up ( when cold ) the light stays on for about 7-10 seconds and you can hear the engine running dry for a split second or two.

If I leave it for 30-60 mins and then restart it once again it seems to takes about 5 seconds to go out.

Does the D22 zzd30 have some sort of anti-drain back oil system ?

If so mine most not work .

Oil pressure when running is ok 150 kpa idle and 550 kpa at 4000rpm

Oh almost forgot afler athe last oil change, (friday) it has marginlly changed for the better.

Nissan shrugged me off !!! Any tips !!! HELP !!! Ps only 87,000 klm's

Could be the norm as mine doesnt come up to pressure for about 5 or so seconds.

I'd check the grade of oil you're using. This cold snap might be making our engines behave decidedly worse than expected too, but make sure the oil is light enough for winter. Nissan's manual for the D40 says 5W30 should be good for any Australian conditions and is the recommended oil for the YD25 motor. The D22 manual isn't as clear on the grade of oil but for the TD, it does say to use JASO D (which would be FD) rated oil.

If you can find a JASO-FD synthetic at 5W30, you'd be using the best oil that you possibly could be using.

0W30 is only recommended for constant cold climates, so if you're up in the top of the Kosiosko park for the winter, you'd change to that, but the manual does state not to use 0W30 for extended periods.

Latest posts

Back