Oil residue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carchania

Reaction score
G'day guys

I've just done my egr block off on drivers side. Was going to do passenger as well but for the life of me I can't undo the nuts holding it on. I've let soak with wd but they still won't budge. Anyway I had to undo my air intake pipe to the turbo to get the bolts for the egr and I noticed there is a bit of oily residue in the intake side pipe, it is also leaking residue from the intercooler pipe work. Is this standard? My 07 rx has done 140000 and when it was last serviced my mechanic didn't mention anything about it.

Cheers

Yeah mate. Standard problem. This oil comes from the cam cover breather. If you look to the rear of the top caver you will see the breather hose that heads down to the outlet side of the turbo. This is why most people fit a catch can in line with this hose to catch the oil. It will help with the smoking issues as well. Hope this helps

Cheers.

I'm using a Provent 200 catch can but I think you can now get a Provent mini. Just google it and you will see a few installs.

image-2611698831.jpg

If you zoom it to the right of the photo you can see where I put mine.

Back