Old Man Emu Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey

Just chasing some information from those running the OME leaf spings. I am searching for new springs and have been given a good deak on OME gear. Considering the HD+200 springs and also adding a leaf to make the +400 spring packs.

Just concerned on the lack of lift as the call them upgraded springs not Lifted springs and only say about 30mm of lift. my guess is the extra leaf spring will give me more lift so i would see 50mm+. Anyone got any detail or recommendations?

Thanks
Russ

Russ,
as probably you are now, I did a shit load (too much) research on springs, and read alot of bad reports on OME mainly not much lift and sagging after short amounts of time, although most were covered by warranty they were put at the bottom of the list.

Have mentioned it before and will again, i cannot fault the HD bluemax that I got through Zordo, just because they are not heard of much doesn't mean its rubbish gear!

Cheers
Bryan

Yeh mate I haven't counted out the bluemax as of yet. It only really reminded me lastnight when I was doing exactly what you were doing and doing way to much research. I'll be contacting bluemax today to ask about kg ratings on the springs to comparison with the dobo and ARB. I doubt I'll have issues if Zordo recommends it as he knows his gear. To be honest I'm just freaking out about another broken leaf pack lol.

As an aside, I have raw springs, made by powerdown, in the rear of mine. Haven't had them in long enough to say how long they will last, but they are hd with 5 leaves. I think they're rated 250kg to gvm load. I have around 300kg in the tub all the time and they ride quite well.

On another note, that stanadyne pre filter is here so I will have a look at fitting it today and see what I can do about strengthening the stock fuel filter bracket.

Convenient that bluemax had a 20% plus $50 off orders over $500 atm. $655 for complete rear end minus shocks. Might have to do a trip. Guy reckons if I out 860kg over the rear end the car will sit back at standard height. Don't think ill be pushing it that hard

I have the OME leaf springs and air bags on mine . My last lot of leaves sagged badly and cracked one, so put the new OME in at the same time as air bags probably didn't need the airbags but they do seem to help on the odd occasion i load the ute up . Was also planning on a roof top tent , and ........ the list goes on and the $$$$ don't stretch.

Latest posts

Back