Old man emu suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
Anyone have an OME suspension kit on their Dee 22 ?
Got a quote on a lift kit from ARB and the bloke there refused to call it a lift kit, but instead just an 'upgrade'... Hence how much lift i get will vary.

Included are...
Torsion bars and front shocks.
Rear leafs + shocks and U bolts
all fitted and alligned etc...

Now this is supposedly a "hard" setup kit. Recommended due to having the front and rear steel bars. And upcoming canopy and winch as well were taken into account. Now i don't mind paying for something good, and after all i don't wanna pay just for the lift, but for a good upgrade overall. So with my impression on OME being that it's the bees knees of suspension (shoot me down if i'm wrong), whats your thoughts fellas?

hey mate i had an old man emu 2 inch lift fitted about one year ago, also have a canopy but no winch.. pretty happy with it, does give roughly 50mm more clearance.. alot better handling on and offf road. if i were to do it again i would go with something a little extra like a 3 " lift..

I wouldn't use OME on a Billy cart.

I would go EFS or Dobinsons, or even better Radflo or King shocks and Eibach springs.

Thanks for the reply Sam. Without being too knowledgeable in the suspension area, does the gear i listed above sound like a typical lift kit from OME? I know i didn't list part numbers on the quote etc, however, i'd just hate to pay good $ for an "upgrade" and gain no lift. Would make no sense.

Thanks for the reply Sam. Without being too knowledgeable in the suspension area, does the gear i listed above sound like a typical lift kit from OME? I know i didn't list part numbers on the quote etc, however, i'd just hate to pay good $ for an "upgrade" and gain no lift. Would make no sense.

yeah, typical kit.

If they call it a lift kit and it sags in the back you will complain, If its a suspension upgrade and it sags they can tell you it settled.

I have an 06 D22 and I got a 2 inch OME kit put on just short of a year ago. Not really knowledgeable about the various lift kits all I know is that the ARB shop I use has never put me wrong. I am assuming that ARB only do OME. Since the lift, the Nav has driven heaps better and has also allowed me to but slightly bigger tyres on which gives a bit more ground clearence. I also went with the "hard" setting as I have a canopy on the back and quite often have lots of gear in there.

Anyone have an OME suspension kit on their Dee 22 ?
Got a quote on a lift kit from ARB and the bloke there refused to call it a lift kit, but instead just an 'upgrade'... Hence how much lift i get will vary.

Included are...
Torsion bars and front shocks.
Rear leafs + shocks and U bolts
all fitted and alligned etc...

Now this is supposedly a "hard" setup kit. Recommended due to having the front and rear steel bars. And upcoming canopy and winch as well were taken into account. Now i don't mind paying for something good, and after all i don't wanna pay just for the lift, but for a good upgrade overall. So with my impression on OME being that it's the bees knees of suspension (shoot me down if i'm wrong), whats your thoughts fellas?

ARB CAN CLEARLY GO F^%% THEM SELVES!! i went there today and brought a few things and while i was there i was looking around anyways i asked him
how much for a 2 inch lift kit on a navara d22??
he replied "whats a lift kit"
i said "a lift kit what do u mean "whats a lift kit"
he said define a lift kit?
he said what are looking for??
i said i want a higher car
he replied "ok we dont sell lift kits but we can raise ur car through the torsion bars"
i replied what the fuck are u telling me? i pay 1500 or what ever for a kit and u tell me u can only wind up my torsion bars!! i then said just forget the lift kit mate pretend i didn't ask and walked off,
he then approached me few min later and apologised for "getting tecnichal with me he said" he then said sorry but we get young people in here all the time asking how much for lift kits and bla bla bla far as im concerned stick it up ur F%$%^ arse arb

I avoid ARB as much as possible, they are a bunch of wankers, their products are overpriced and their salesmen think they know everything.
Once they were a reputable brand but that was many years ago.

Why would you want OME suspension any way, you know that Munroe make their products.

Way to re-awaken an old thread... lol
I don't know what sort of people you blokes have running your local ARB stores. Cars been going to ARB since day 1 and they've yet to let me down. In fact many times they've bent over backwards to help me out, even after I supplied the parts from other retailers and things were missing or were wrong. Sure they have the asshole variety of people employed there sometimes, but they never last long. Its why i'll always only talk to 2 out of 5 or 6 guys working there. And they're the blokes who have been there long before it even became ARB.
As for for the OME lift kit. Its been good from day one and has yet to sag or anything like that.
Just my 2c.

I avoid ARB as much as possible, they are a bunch of wankers, their products are overpriced and their salesmen think they know everything.
Once they were a reputable brand but that was many years ago.

Why would you want OME suspension any way, you know that Munroe make their products.

yes 100% some of the staff think there the bees knees cause they work there, i wont knock there quality but from now on i'll make sure i get same product from somewhere or someone else just so i don't have to hand over cash to a ignorant prick,
he judged me as another young bloke just wanting 'a massivly high car' im 32 yrs old and if i go and ask for something thats cause I'm interested in it and also researching it,
anyways i was enquiring about ome to see what they supplie, im leaning towards tough dog in suspension to clear up 'why i would go arb"

F@#K ARB,i go in there asking about a lift kit and they treat me like i got no idea because im 20 and according to them theres no such thing as a lift kit,he then tells me things such as after market UCAs do nothing and navaras a poor excuse for a 4X4 and thats why people have problems with there "upgrade kit", are you F@#$%&G serious you dumb shit,i then proceeded to tear every stupid little idea hes got in head to shreads and told him exactly how things really are. He thought just because im a young bloke i got no idea, think again F@#KHEAD!!
As for there leaf springs they are absolute shit,it doesnt matter if when you walk in the door they drop to there knees it doesnt change there product.there leaf spring couldnt hold my ute up let alone if i put the F@#$%&G groceries in there.
ive got tough dog springs in now and they are going excellent.hold there shape great.and OL got them for $400 for me

I had a bloke from ARB once ask me what boost i'm running in my ute! I pointed at the volt gauge on the pillar and said 12 psi! His reply "Dam it goes good" LOL its a v6 petrol. And thats the type mechanics they have working on your pride and joy!

Obviously some of you guys didnt read and or comprehend the OP's first question.

I Would back all the anti-ARB, sure they have some good stuff but their service at 95% of stores are poor. Unfortunately they do a few things that I like and can't find anything like it anywhere else though i've found a pretty good store 2.5hours away who stock ARB without advertising it.

As for the OME, A mate was up north and his suspension let go on him, he got to a mechanic and the guy there pointed to the corner and said "look at them", there was a pile of OME suspension that's been pulled out of cars from city cars.

Just my point of view, I'll look elsewhere first.

Obviously some of you guys didnt read and or comprehend the OP's first question.

its all relevent mate,even if the product was good most people wouldnt buy it if they new if something went wrong then theyd have a hell of a time trying to get it sorted.plus most off the posts have a opinion of the prioduct aswell.

its all relevent mate,even if the product was good most people wouldnt buy it if they new if something went wrong then theyd have a hell of a time trying to get it sorted.plus most off the posts have a opinion of the prioduct aswell.

i'll back u on that one mate well said,

ARB really do get some arrogant w@nkers working for them. Had a real tool at the canberra store, but hes gone now.

Ive got a full OME set up -50mm/ 2in lift, and it been really good for my touring rig. Had it for 2 years and alls well.

Do you have OME suspension on your D22?

Latest posts

Back