On Board Air setups

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have bought a compressor and tank to go in the tub of the truck so have air to do tires etc etc and a dirty big air horn (125db at 247hz).
I want to run the tank pressure at 105 psi .Is it better to get a seperate pressure switch and relay/solenoid or run one of the all in one units.Or should I just run at 120psi and run a pressure regulating relief valve.
Not up with all the stuff with air so all input will be appreciated .
Whats the best way to run all this stuff

Oh yeah its a Firestone 145 psi compressor and a 15 litre steel tank
So far my idea is SS braided line with non return on the line from compressor to tank
From the tank in SS braided to a alloy block with gauge, relief valve, pressure switch and a few air outlets .
From the block to the horn and air outlet under the bonnet in SS braided till its under the tub and then flexible plastic tubing with all push in fittings run inside the chassis rails.

Last edited:
best thing is to get the valves and pressure switch off a busted home compressor. that way you get the decompression valve.

decompression valve releases the air in the tube between compressor and tank. that reduces the start up load on the compressor when it starts. saves a lot of wear on the compressor clutch and belts.

ah now I am with ya . Its a 12v compressor from an air bad setup. Wouldnt the non return valve do similar . It would stop pressure from the tank forcing back against the compressor head

only if the compressor leaks like a sieve !
air gets trapped between the non-return valve and the one way valve in the compressor.

Ok my compressor and tank arrived today
I have a question
The compressor comes with a 1/8 fitting and the tank had two 1/4 fittings.
No Drain !!!
Can I get away with putting a separator on the line from the compressor to the tank?
Its all Firestone Ride Rite gear and even on their website it shows same tanks with only 2 fittings and no drain.Fittings go at either end of the tank

Back