opinions on the d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbob223

Reaction score
hey all im looking at buying a new d22 in the next week or two what im wondering is how do people go towing does the 2.5l have enough go? ill only be towing mainly 2 motorbikes. also is there any common problems i should look out for with a d22? any info is appreciated thanks.

2 bikes on a trailer, even a great wall could tow it. Have a read for half an hour, theres no real complaints about The d22 with The 2.5l motor

I am happy with mine. I agree with some members that the build quality is good but not great and there are more powerful trucks out there but for the price you really can't complain.

suspension is terrible replace it then its not a bad ute. my standard suspension was farked by 10-12000 kms

thanks for the reply,i realise that any ute will tow i more meant i used to own a 2.8l hilux and goin up hills towing 2 bike it would drop back to 35-40km would this be the case with the d22. have been reading up for last hour and seems like alot of people are putting chips in to get more torque..

hahahaha mate 2.8 hilux allthough bullet proof are the most gutless thing to ever have wheels bolted to them lol. you won't have the same problem with the nav.
there no power house but its in a different league to the old 2.8 puslux

I tow a 700kg work trailer and the Nav copes.
A little sluggish starting on a hill but that was expected, other than that it does the job.

not a bad motor, expect to get good fuel economy with it to.

They are pretty bullet proof (they haven't changed much in the last 12 years) the body mounts and poorly alligned trays can be an issue, so check the one you want to buy ;)

Latest posts

Back