Original Engines?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobys

Reaction score
Was thinking about the Z24 I once had. And got to wonder why a company would put something that would stall even if it powered a food blender, into a car weighing 2000kg. Can anyone enlighten me?

its not that bad. try a toyota with a 3y....2 litre push rod gutless binge drinking petrol in a 2 ton ute.

its not that bad. try a toyota with a 3y....2 litre push rod gutless binge drinking petrol in a 2 ton ute.
Yeah the mind boggles Tweak'e. even from new it was about 88kw I think. Which is barely adequate

what about the 720 with the sd23 engine. you don't get lower power than that !

I guess it comes down to what you've grown up with? I owned a brand new 720 in 1982 & it didn't seem that bad (in that lovely canary yellow colour lol!)

There again, my 1st car was an FC holden with a stock 138 grey motor in it - that car would struggle to hold 60k's going up Mt Barker Rd lol!

Cars have certainly come a long way!

yeah it does depends on what you grew up with.
we had a ford courier ute 2.5 i think. that was super slow.
great for around the farm/town but hopeless on the open road even empty.

remember the 2 litre 4 cyl Commodore?

early hilux 2.2/2,4 diesel with 4 speed. i once drove a petrol one with 4 speed column change. omg!

expectations have certainly changed over the years.

I hear what you're saying about the Courier, I had the Holden equivalent; a 4 cyl Rodeo - it was rough as guts, sort of like riding in a wheelbarrow!

I'd forgotten that they made a 2L 4 cylinder Commodore.... Wow, times have changed!

An old mate of mine had one of those early petrol Hilux's that he referred to as "the low lux" lol! It still managed to get him to some very out of the way paces though!

Cheers,

Kevin............ :)

I'd forgotten that they made a 2L 4 cylinder Commodore....
Kevin............ :)

My grand dad bought a spanker 4cyl bommodore wagon. He thought it was the ducks guts.lol. One of my early work vans was a Mazda E2200. Duel wheels 5 on the column. That thing was rated to carry a lot if gearabd toe stuff. It battled to pull itself when empty tho.

did u ever drive a landcruiser 3 or 3 1/2 ltr petrol motor,whatever it was,,,, I could get out and walk faster....they are/were heaps of sh1t...

ps...it wasn't mine..i couldn believe how crap it was..

What engine ?

I only remember the 2F,3F, 1FZFE and the 2UZFE.

You aren't refering to the 22R powered Bundera's are you ?

Anyone driven a 1PZ powered Mid wheel base Landcruiser ?

Anyone have/had a rb30 in a gq?
Was my first 4x4. I hated anyone that said it was slow as a tractor... But then I drove one with EFI and a turbo. Eyes opened. :)

Latest posts

Back