Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
I might have missed something. but your straight through exhaust - did you do that yourself? I have 2 1/2 cat back but am looking at taking the dump off and doing myself. looks tight up in there though

Nah I didn't do the exhaust myself had a mate do it for me.. Yeh it's tight spot but you can fit a 3" dump

i just did the apollo air box mod to my D40 and wow it made a difference in sound especially with the snorkel! just wondering if any sort of tuning needs to be done due to new airbox?

i just did the apollo air box mod to my D40 and wow it made a difference in sound especially with the snorkel! just wondering if any sort of tuning needs to be done due to new airbox?

Nice mate, not really just a ecu reset maybe? Unless you have a unichip but even then you might not have to tune it

stiffy: how did you fit that and a snorkel? have any pictures?

i had to make a bracket up and brought an mitsubishi intercooler duct piece from supercheap and it fitted like a glove. a decent amount of solastic was needed but you cant see any of it. ill post some pics for you tomorrow

How would you say the sound changed as opposed to normal filter with snorkel?

yes most definitely. the best way to explain it is if you take the original air box off and just rev it without the top part connected. it sounds much the same as that just a tad quieter

stiffy: how did you fit that and a snorkel? have any pictures?
As you can see it isnt as good as a job as what 4BYFOR did but hey it works lol. that bracket is on the guard as you can see in the picture on the right where the snorkel enters the engine bay. then I cut the original air box where the MAF sensor is and kept it standard from there onwards so it really wasn't a hole lot of mucking around. the hardest part was just making the bracket and the rest just fit together nicely

Attachments

• 20130216_155945.jpg
    20130216_155945.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 2,782
  • 20130214_204730.jpg
    20130214_204730.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 536
As you can see it isnt as good as a job as what 4BYFOR did but hey it works lol. that bracket is on the guard as you can see in the picture on the right where the snorkel enters the engine bay. then I cut the original air box where the MAF sensor is and kept it standard from there onwards so it really wasn't a hole lot of mucking around. the hardest part was just making the bracket and the rest just fit together nicely

Nice one mate, how much better does it sounds ey! I don't mind it being loud, you get used to it.. Now you can fit a dual battery haha

yer same here! i hate how everyone complains about when they change an airbox or exhaust and complain how loud it is, just get some music going and roll up the window lol i love how loud it is though so no complaints here. yep dual battery is definitely on the list now :)

Are the hose fittings onto the Apollo air box 7 cm?, and how do you think the filter would handle dusty roads compared to stock?

Are the hose fittings onto the Apollo air box 7 cm?, and how do you think the filter would handle dusty roads compared to stock?
yer they sure are. as for the dust i listened to all the other blokes on here and brought one of those socks to cover the snorkel for when i go in dusty areas. then all i have to do is put that in the wash when im done, re-oil and im set to go again

yer they sure are. as for the dust i listened to all the other blokes on here and brought one of those socks to cover the snorkel for when i go in dusty areas. then all i have to do is put that in the wash when im done, re-oil and im set to go again

Cool sounds good!
Have you got a link for the snorkel sock by any chance!

Last edited:
Awesome thanks mate , got my Apollo air box coming soon and will get 1 or 2 of those.

@4BYFOR ,

Would you have a link for the silicone reducing hoses to fit the Apollo, couldn't find the suckers on Ebay.

Go to supercheap or autobahn they have a good selection and they are quite cheap

yer i just got al of mine from autobarn. the fitting that goes from the filter to the maf sensor section is a 70mm to 130mm by memory which i ended up having to cut anyway because i couldnt find the right size

Thanks guys this is a great thread, I'm buying an Apollo airbox and doing this mod soon, how hard and what was required in fitting the MAF sensor to the new air box?

Thanks guys this is a great thread, I'm buying an Apollo airbox and doing this mod soon, how hard and what was required in fitting the MAF sensor to the new air box?

well the way i did is easy as it can get. attacked the old airbox with a hacksaw and used all the standard parts from the MAF sensor side of the airbox to the turbo

Back